My boyfriend has bad manners?

My boyfriend is really sweet and lovely to me but there is the one problem of his bad manners. I know that he doesn't do it on purpose because he hasn't had the best upbringing and he is also autistic. The first thing is that he always burps really loud at the table in front of my mum. The second is when my mum gives him a lift even if it's late at night he doesn't say thank you and today for instance my dad took us to London and payed for our train fares and lunch and he didn't say thank you. My mum has even talked to me about it and it upsets me that he's so rude, what should I do? I don't want to make things awkward between us.

• ?

He is not rude. He is autistic and can't relate the way other people can. This is a lifetime condition and he can't help most of it. If you choose to spend your life with him, this is what it is going to be like.

• Huh?

If he's autistic he isn't being rude as such, he simply doesn't see the emotional connection between his actions and the offence they cause. You will have to explain to him that he should say thank you when people do these things for him, and not to belch at table as your mother dislikes the noise.

Etiquette and good manners can be taught.

It isn't his fault that he was raised by wolves. We can't pick our parents.

You will have to teach him and let him know what is an acceptable response in these every day situations. Maybe you're the first family he has encountered who has any class. I'm sure he wants to be his best and he'll want to please you.

You need to talk to your boyfriend and let him know how you feel. Its the only way he will be able to change his ways. He may not be aware of it. Maybe his upbringing did not include manners.

Talk to him, explain that good manners are good. And burping is really gross.

You need to move on from him as this will ALWAYS be a problem if you continue seeing him. You deserve someone who is more refined.

The question is why have you chosen someone who is backward.

Talk to him about this.