Going on a double date, I don't like really like my boyfriend's friend's girlfriend?

My boyfriend and I ran into his friend at the mall before, he told us that we should go on a double date this weekend to a nice restaurant and comedy show in the city. However, I'm not too fond of his girlfriend. She's very loud and likes to insult others in a very obnoxious kind of way. My boyfriend wants to go since he hasn't seen his friend in a while and I don't want to cancel the plans just because I don't really like his friend's girlfriend. I usually have a good time when we go on double dates, but that's because I get along very well with his friends girlfriends.

I don't really talk back, so whenever his friend's girlfriend says something ridiculous I just slightly smile and continue eating or doing whatever I am doing. However, I don't want to ignore her the entire night either because I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has been in this kind of situation.

Favorite Answer

Seems that you have everything under control, keep doing what your doing. smile and be polite its just for one night and after the double date is over tell your boyfriend not to put you through that again.

• Badger

I've had to do that hundreds of times for my husband. It's a small concession I make for him, there is no reason he should be denied a good night with a good friend just because of my personal feelings towards anyone. Smile and nod, go to the bathroom and call your best friend and have a session on what this girl did to piss you off if you have to but don't let your mans night be ruined because of his friends obnoxious girlfriend.

• Poodie

"I don't want to cancel the plans just because I don't really like his friend's girlfriend."

You shouldn't have made the plans in the first place. He has the option of seeing his friend without you being present. Since you've already committed, I suggest that you go right ahead and tell her (privately if you like) that what she says offends you. You can also just change the subject. Either way, don't let her dominate the conversation. Since you seem a little mousy, this will probably be a challenge for you, but I assure you it's a beneficial challenge.

I am in the same place as you now, My boyfriend has this girlfriend that gets on my nerves big time. Usually guys can't really read those little signs girls give off when they feel a certain way, so what I would do is just nicely tell him how you feel and see what he says.

YOu are a sensible girl, and when this girl is OTT, then just

point this out to her.

Eg. (Loud) OMG- LOOK AT THAT COUGAR!

you - looking her straight in the eye - That seems really harsh, lets just

talk about us, and not the other diners.

If you can try to politely redirect her, great. lf she gets on your case,

feel free to let her know your opinion about her actions and words, and

be honest. After all, she doesn't feel she has to hold anything back, so

in her presence, you shouldn't have to hold anything back with her.

And who knows, once you start asserting yourself, you could get to common

ground, and become more friendly.

• Onion

If you look hard enough you can usually find something to like in everybody. Talk to her, I'm sure you'll find some common ground. You may not end up friends, but it'll pass the evening more comfortably.

The man usually makes the first move. Even if she’s interested in you, the most she’s likely to do is to stand near you or make eye contact a couple times to encourage you to approach her. Read here http://AttractAnyWoman.emuy.info/?tgZ7

Once you see her, don’t hesitate. 10 minutes from now she might not be there or another guy might have beaten you to the punch. Plus, women can tell when you’re working up the courage to approach. Shyness might be endearing in movies and romance novels, but it doesn’t work in the real world. Approach right away, even if you don’t know what you’re going to say