I worked in Korea for 3 years. I made less than 30k a yr. I didn't file taxes those years. What should I do?

Do I file now or wait until the next tax time? And would I have lots of fees or penalties? I don't owe the U.S. any taxes for those years because it was Foreign Earned Income.

• Bobbie

For this purpose you are required to fill out and file each separate tax year as a separate 1040 income tax return using the 2555 form for this purpose and time in your life in order to be able to qualify to use the foreign earned income exclusion amount that you qualified for during each tax year separately.

GET it done NOW ASAP for this purpose.

www.irs.gov Publication 54 Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad for this purpose and time in your life for each separate tax year that you do need to fill out and file NOW.

Use the search box at the www.irs,gov website for Forms and Publications

Welcome to the official source of IRS tax forms and publications. The links below provide methods to access and acquire both electronic and print media. Additionally, the Search function above provides basic and advanced search capabilities for forms and other published materials available on IRS.gov.

Previous Years 1040

http://www.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/priorFormPubl...

Copy and paste the above enclosed website address into your browser address bar to find the 1040 tax forms and instruction for the years that you would want to start with for your situation and time in your life.

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 07/13/2012

File.

If possible, see if you are eligible for the form 2555-EZ and exclude the income. Note, if you are a US citizen or US resident alien, the filing requirement was around $9350 and you can't NOT count the foreign income unless you file and CAN exclude it.

See IRS publication 54 to see what to write at the top of the late tax returns.

EDIT, FILE NOW. Unless and until you file and can prove you can exclude the income, it's not excluded. If you can't exclude it, you OWE.

• tro

US citizens are taxed on world wide income

there are exclusions for foreign income but you need to check those requirements before you have a heart attack

and by all means get those delinquent tax returns filed asap

File.