My nose piercing stud keeps sinking in, what can I do?

Alright, I got my nostril piercing done like three or four days ago and I noticed that each day it goes in more and more. Two days ago, I found that it was sideways a bit. Like, the stud was crooked so that the left side was kind of in the hole and the other was sticking out. Then last night (it's a half circle piercing, not an "L" or whatever) was sticking out of my nose and I was like wtf. o_o so I took a Q-tip and just bent it back into a circle and now the stud keeps sinking into the hole and I keep pushing it out but it goes back in in no time. Is this normal? I read that my body apparently keeps trying to reject it, and I read somewhere else that the hole will eventually close up and fit the size of the bar. {Ngl, the hole in my nose looks a tad bit bigger than the bar itself.} It's annoying me and I want to know if anyone else had this issue and how you fixed it? >_> I don't wanna go back to the piercer but if I have to, I will, I guess. :l

@John, love, I didn't ask you for your opinion so that was an irrelevant statement. I'm not throwing it away because one) I wanted it and so I'm keeping it. Two) I paid for it, I'd rather not waste my money.

Don't keep fiddling around with it fresh piercings often do this as they're settling where they feel comfortable and the swelling will keep changing until it's healed... just keep cleaning it twice a day with sea salt and warm water, no fiddling or removing for 6 months and if it gets any worse you'll have to get it checked by your local professional piercer :)

Source(s): has both sides of nose pierced :)
  • Erika

flow on your piercer and ask for an even bigger stud. It replace into his mistake so he greater efficient supply it for loose. If not, merely flow purchase an even bigger stud. that is not counseled to alter your stud mutually as that is healing yet i've got executed it like half-hour once you have it executed and that i switched a gaggle of cases that day. it is going to harm for some seconds yet i does not choose my epidermis to conceal my stud.. you will ought to dig it out. tell your piercer which you will change it your self if he's being a gadget.

I am getting my nose done this weekend but I would suggest going back to the piercer and getting the jewellery changed for a full circle ring, and then maybe it won't sink.

Source(s): I have 2 cartilage piercings.
  • John

Take it out throw it away, they look ridiculous anyway