My dad is a Crossdresser?

I just found out today that my dad is a crossdresser / bi-gender. He's been dressing up as women in privacy since he was a teen. When he's under major stress. He told me it was liberating for him. And I'm serious. He was gone all night last night, and he rarely ever does that so he told me why. I really... show more I just found out today that my dad is a crossdresser / bi-gender. He's been dressing up as women in privacy since he was a teen. When he's under major stress. He told me it was liberating for him. And I'm serious. He was gone all night last night, and he rarely ever does that so he told me why. I really didn't know who else to tell because only my mom knows. I don't know what to think or how to feel. It seems different when it's other people and they're open about it, it never feels like a big deal. It never struck me as something to think twice about until your masculine, businessman dad tells you this. I never expected it. I love him just the same but I never thought he'd be trying on women's clothes and binge drinking, chain smoking, looking at porn, etc. It's my dad. Not someone else. He confided in me today. And I could tell he seemed embarrassed and nervous, and almost ashamed. I simply told him I've been seen this stuff from David Bowie since I was 14, I'm pretty comfortable with androgyny now. And we laughed. I think there's a part of me that's just still maybe uncomfortable with it. Because it's so close to home, you know? And it was hidden for so many years. To my knowledge he isn't gay, nor does he participate in anything with other men. Just while he's alone. Nothing perverted. But, you know. Can someone help understand this further?
Update: Thank you all so much! I know guys do it for different reasons. Sometimes it's to feel closer to women, like they feel they're in physical contact with a girl, or sometimes it's to express an "inner-woman" to understand the female gender better. Thank you everyone for your support. I really... show more Thank you all so much! I know guys do it for different reasons. Sometimes it's to feel closer to women, like they feel they're in physical contact with a girl, or sometimes it's to express an "inner-woman" to understand the female gender better. Thank you everyone for your support. I really appreciate it.