My parents are getting rid of my dog, what can I do?

My parents are getting rid of my dog, what can I do? A few months ago my alsation of fourteen years died and I was so cut up about it I spent days crying and I was so depressed, after a month we came out of church and I found a small filthy, abandoned shih tzu, I usually hate small dogs but this one was so special... show more My parents are getting rid of my dog, what can I do?
A few months ago my alsation of fourteen years died and I was so cut up about it I spent days crying and I was so depressed, after a month we came out of church and I found a small filthy, abandoned shih tzu, I usually hate small dogs but this one was so special and it fell in love with me right away and she kept following me and barking for me and I went to pick her up and she got so attached and so did I, I took her home and my parents said I could keep her.

I named her Blondie and she is so cute and lovely, she played with me for hours and she learned her tricks and I house broke her so quickly she is so clever and she slept on my bed and cuddled me while I slept and she wakes me up in the mornings I love her so much, almost like I did my first dog and we shared a very happy week

Just last week I was playing with Blondie and my parents came in and told me that they were going to find a new home for her or they would have her put down and when I objected they told me to stop acting up or they would take her now and so I took Blondie to my room with me and I just sobbed for a while, they also said that I did not deserve the dog.

I asked them why and tried lots of negotiation and even though I do all the work and pay for everything they will not let me keep her, I tried very hard and stayed calm and was very respectful but they were persistent and then they tried taking the dog up while she was eating and walked out of the front door with her but I grabbed her off them and ran to my room again.

I did get a reason from them, it is because I am according to them too selfish with her and I don't let other people play with her apart from myself and my girlfriend but because I would not let my little cousins play with her because she is too young and too rough and she got really upset and went of in a temper tantrum but she is coming to live with us now and my parents are saying that the she will just be upset around the dog and that the dog will hurt her little sister, I went a bit mad and yelled "Screw them, Blondie was here first, why don't you ignore them for chrissake" my Dad said "family always comes first" and so I yelled back "BLONDIE IS FAMILY TOO AND SHE IS MUCH LESS OF A LIABILITY THEN THOSE SPOILED COWS"

(those girls have always been difficult and nasty, the family don't like them anyway)

I don't know what to do, I don't want to give her up, money is not an issue at all.