J

What would you call the Devil?

If the Devil were a person, what would make them the Devil. What type of person is the actual Devil, if the Devil lived in society.

Interesting. The Devil is the enemy of the human race. I like that one. Haven't heard it before. For those of you who are religious. What is an angel and how does one fall?

• holly

A terrorists wearing an underwear bomb.

The enemy of Human Race

I think the Devil would have to be a smooth talker, since it's basically his job to offer temptations to humans to get them to sin. He (or she, let's be fair) would have to make the things he wanted people to do look like their most attractive options. Probably a little like a used car salesman - quick talking, a sense of humor, and a way of downplaying the worst aspects of his offer while playing up its benefits. But considering the whole biblical lore - being kicked out of heaven, yadda yadda - in spite of that easygoing demeanor there'd likely be an undercurrent of impatience and bitterness. I imagine such a person would feel sort of dangerous to be around no matter how they acted - the people the Devil talked to might feel wary of what was beneath the surface.

In society, such a person would probably not want to stand out, especially since their actions would be frowned upon by those with even a basic sense of morality. Dealing with them might be a little like dealing with a back-alley mobster - you could find them if you went out of your way looking, but would that really be the smart thing to do?

As for what to call them, well, I haven't really a clue. There are all sorts of names which refer to the Devil in literature going back ages, so maybe one of those or a completely new pseudonym altogether. A person like that would have to have a pretty fluid identity to avoid suspicion, I'll bet.

Source(s): As a story-writer, I like to build characters based on a few traits like this. Sorry if I happened to misunderstand your question, though!

The bible claims he is a fallen angel.

(I am unsure if it says this but, I think it may say an angel dreamed of overthrowing God so he was cast into Hell and became the leader of Hell.)

the devil would obviously be named Oprah Winfrey, lol duhh...

He would play tricks on everyone and try to get you to do bad stuff, I'm a christian and that's what i think.

its the ordinary persons like u me and anyone else...........

Probably he would be Murderer.