What is a Thousand Year Reich?

HItler aimed for a 'Thousand Year Reich' in Nazi Germany, trying to gain the support of many young people.

What is a 'Thousand Year Reich'??

Thanks in advance :)

Reich is the German term for Empire.

His plan was to build an Empire that would last for one thousand years (his being the Third Reich, the third German Empire).

Third Reich Definition

As Josh says he was referring to Charlemagne's Holy Roman Empire which was neither holy nor Roman nor an Empire which lasted from 800 until the Napoleonic wars in 1806.

The Second Reich was Bismark's Germany which united a number of separate states from 1871 to defeat in the First World War.

Churchill made a similar statement "If the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years this will be their finest hour.".

Hitler said the Third Reich would last 1000 years.

A Reich is an empire, basically.

"At the risk of appearing to talk nonsense I tell you that the National Socialist movement will go on for 1,000 years! ... Don't forget how people laughed at me 15 years ago when I declared that one day I would govern Germany. They laugh now, just as foolishly, when I declare that I shall remain in power!"

— Adolf Hitler to a British correspondent in Berlin, June 1934

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a Thousand Year Reich?

What is a 'Thousand Year Reich'??

Thanks in advance :)

Source(s): thousand year reich: https://shortly.im/xNM4s

It based his aim on the Holy Roman Empire (from 900s to the early 1800s). It was the german empire if you will...the First Reich.....the Second Reich being from 1871 to 1918.

A 'Reich' is basically an empire or kingdom. Hitler aimed to make Germany as big as the Roman Empire, and he thought that it would last for 1000 years.

• Stacee

thousand year reich

• Joan

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/Bvhvq

Hitler came into power with the ambition of making his empire and legacy last a thousand years. This legacy and empire would be free of jews and slavs (poles), Gypsy's. Although his reign only lasted 12 years he expected it to last much longer and for the german race to go on for much longer. This is why he funded and depended so much on the german youth. He made it mandatory for all children to join scout type clubs with boys learning survival techniques and army training, and girls learning house duties. He tried to brainwash them into believing his beliefs. Many children opposed, but mostly because there family's opposed. Of course, anyone who denied the Nazi's in public were arrested. The current pope was a member of the hitler youth, and was drafted into the war at the very end, even though he strongly opposed the war, and never attended Hitler youth meetings. But still he went to a P.O.W soviet camp, but was released when they realised his involvement in the war.

• Felix3 years agoReport

That site is dangerous. you cannot leave it unless you shut down your computer. dont believe me? try it and contradict me afterwards

A gestapo or SS nazi and or any of its collaborators, i.e., Vichy France or Baltic or Ukranian fascist not to mention Romanian, Hungarian and Italian Fascist who fought against our Russian allies in WW two. Oh, and let s not forget the denied Holocaust.Enough said.