Oldest Living Language Proved in guinness book of world records and officially announce?

Oldest living language in the world is Kannada and official language of karnataka state its 2500 years old. Oldest Living Language Proved in guinness book of world records and officially announce

39 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

I can also claim that the Bengali that's spoken the Some districts of Bangaldesh is the oldest living language. We can claim anything that comes to our mind !

Kannad, Malayalam, Telegu all are derived from TAMIL.

Sanskrit was developped by the oldest Aryans invaders to India by mixing their language with Tamil (my perception and I have little proof of it). They did not find Tamil language was not strong enough for good literature. So SANSKRIT was created. And till date SANSKRIT is the most structured and scintific Language.

• kingsley4 years agoReport

So we should agree with taml ,Tamil is a largest language in world, and also agree with Kanad based on Tamil so we can agree with tamil

• edna
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Oldest Living Language

• 4 years ago

No doubt Sanskrit is the mother all the languages as per the grammarian Mr Pink and Thomas. Of late, it has become a literary language and now few thousands persons in Germany and India are speaking too. Apart from this next living oldest language is Kannada and enough numbers of proofs are there and it has been proved and accepted and recognized by Guinness and every Indian should be proud of it. No doubt few other Indian languages like Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu too had similar roots but Kannada had all the credentials. Please don't forget the language I am writing this(English) is vastly spoken, documented live language of the world which is one of the youngest one. We were not the originators of the Past and hence don't be over enthusiastic / fanatic. Accept , be proud and enjoy as we are belonging to this great country who had given ZERO(0) to the world without which no advancements could have been achieved.

Achyuth Kumar

• sriram3 years agoReport

Are you sure?
      Tamil belongs to Dravidian and IT IS independent and has very less loan words from Sanskrit than other languages like Kannada. Tamil literature has been dated to 300 BC, i.e 2300 years ago. But the language was at such a development that there were actual poems in the literature.

• 4 years ago

Oldest living language in World is obviiously Kannada. Tamil is the origin of all langauges in India as said by the top comment is absolute bullshit. Kannada has history dating back to 2.5 thousand years which can be proven still today, and there is also a research going on about the usage of kannada in Europe much before it was spoken in Indian subcontinent.I believe Tamil is also older, but not older than kannada. Nowhere it is proven that Tamil is older than Kannada. In any sense every other language claims to be the oldest. Truth prevails.

East or West Kannada is the Oldest and the Best.

ಉದಯವಾಗಲಿ ಚೆಲುವ ಕನ್ನಡ ನಾಡು

• Manjunath10 months agoReport

I agreed your words...
      Kannada is oldest language in the world

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • debbra
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Oldest Language In The World

• 3 years ago

Charition mime an ancient Greek play ( In 2nd century) features a number of characters who speaks unknown language phrases represents many Dravidian languages and used Kannada phrases. Summary : Kannada can be estimated as 2,500 years old, ranking as the 3rd oldest language after Sanskrit and Tamil.

• 5 years ago

Kannada is oldest living official language in the world it is true.Kannada language is Indian language. First we proud about that. But we are discussing Kannada language oldest or Tamil. My Friends don t discuss about that because Guinness world record book announce as a Kannada language in oldest living official language in the world. We are Indians proud about that. I am celebrating, you are also celebrate.

• kingsley4 years agoReport

Kanad is drive from tamil so we should use name of tamil

• 4 years ago

ok if tamil is the oldest language then what other parts of india/world were doing at that time...how they used to communicate..they never used a lunguage..!!?.

Keep in mind Tamil is the oldest lauguage just because oldest Rock edicts are found for tamil.

so, it does't mean that there were no other lunguage before that.

• why do u worry about other languages when tamil was born. May be there were no human inhabitants at that time. Boss...! it seems u r a kannadiga always troll our Tamil Language.

• 3 years ago

people say if tamil is a old language what were the other part people doing?I answer for that.if tamil is not an old language what the other language doing during tamil was develop extremely by its own literature.We lost our identity because of some changes in kings. They are targeted to tamil people to induce their own language and religion. The land of KUMARI is submerged in ocean and our all proofs are destroy. If u think your language is older it could be acceptable but dont lie r blame tamil. But I also read that if u promot ur language you should use Tamil for that. We missing a bit to make our language popular. But dont be forget the language ENGLISH was destroying all of our language. If u dont mine i would suggest one thing if we go apart from India English is useable. But in India why we choose our any one our language to communicate with our. I hope one day we got the importance of our mother language and we dont shy to speak. If anybody get worry i apologize for it.

• n 1578, Portuguese Christian Missionaries published a Tamil prayer book in old Tamil script named 'Thambiraan Vanakkam', thus making Tamil the first Indian language to be printed and published.[34] Tamil Lexicon, published by the University of Madras, is the first among the dictionaries published in any Indian language.[35] Tamil is used as a sacred language of Ayyavazhi and in Tamil Hindu traditions of Shaivism and Vaishnavism. According to a 2001 survey, there were 1,863 newspapers published in Tamil, of which 353 were dailies.[36]

• 4 years ago

I think in situation , if you are true Indian people have to feel proud for guinness world record certification because Kannada is one of India language , there are several iconic people who have achieved milestone in Kannada and its still icon . we know Bodhidharma is from Tamil nadu and we proud of that but why tamilian opposite to Kannada? Proud to be kannadiga because we everything in unique way!!

• sriram3 years agoReport

We are proud of all our Indian classical languages.
      We have a saying in Tamil. When someone gives any information, first see that if it is true. Can't accept this because it is untrue. And there is no such record by Kannada in Guinness records.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.