christians, why do homosexuals think they deserve equal rights?

I dont understand why they think they are normal and should be accepted when its a perversion. I dont think it should be illegal but I think maybe we should have laws like in russia where its illegal to promote homosexuality and there is no same sex marriage or unions. I think homosexuals want to much to soon because the USA is a christian country and hasnt accepted homosexuality as normal for hundreds of years so why should it now?

Favorite Answer

I'm just a person like anybody else. I pay my mortgage and taxes just like you.

I'm just not filled with hate like you are..

Because there people. There is nothing wrong with being gay and looking at the answers here, almost everybody else thinks the same. The US is not a Christian country we have freedom of religion. And yes they are normal. Why dont you move to Russia, I think they will like you better there. When the younger generation gets older there will be no laws agains gay marriage and all of that. I'm a senior in high school and out of 1700 students only maybe 50 or 100 are against gay rights. And its not just my school, almost every where else(except maybe some of the south). We will change this country

USA is a "professed Christian" country. There is a big difference between that and Christian. As a country that bases it's laws on the basis of freedom of religion, human rights, and democracy (Not the bible entirely) it is against the law of the land to discriminate against anyone or any minority for anything they do except for the really debased sexual stuff like rape, bestiality, etc.

While homosexuality is against Jehovah's laws the "Christian country" has allowed it for hundreds of years although it generally wasn't socially acceptable at the time by the majority. These minority persons by man's law have the right to do as they please even if it doesn't fit into my personal belief system. God judges fornicators and adulterers not us.

We sound the warning and let people make their choices. Jehovah loves the people and Jesus died for homosexuals also but he doesn't tolerate the act and they won't benefit from the kingdom. According to man's law they DO have the right to be equal to everyone else.

When Daniel 2:44 says that GOD will "crush and put and end to ALL these kingdoms" it doesn't say ".....except the USA."

Interesting little factoid folks. Those that bash "homos", vilify them etc are vastly more likely than the general population to be latently homosexual themselves(to the asker of the question, that means your in the closet and fighting your true sexual orientation). This is the religious forum, I don't see how God gives two bob either way whether your sleeping with a dude or a dudette. If you believe in God, and God created man, and God is perfect.... Then homosexuality must be one of God's plans for people and those that discriminate against homosexuals must be going to hell for defying God's will. Don't try and blame the "devil" for homosexuality if you did you would also have to blame him for people being different colours, red hair, freckles and american accents.

I fail to see how the way your wired sexually effects your spiritual life, sexuality is an important but small part of your life. Do the maths how many hours a week you could be sexually active, vs the amount of hours sleeping, working, going to work etc. On an exception to this I do understand why christians are more likely to be homosexual, all the icons and pictures of a semi naked man tied up or nailed to two planks of wood. If I was gay that would probably float my boat.

a) You're a poseur.

b) Obviously gays deserve equal rights. The question is whether one man can "marry" another man. That's not what "marry" meant before, but why shouldn't it? No real reason, it has always been a convention. Look how radically the definition of marriage changed through Bible times. Sometimes it was one man and hundreds of women. Sometimes it was one man, a few wives and a few concubines, whatever they were. So accepting that there's no reason not to marry a person of the same gender then if marriage is a right at all it has to be equal.

Gay people are human beings and citizens of this country. There is no reason for them not to have equal rights. I really don't give a **** what your bible tells you or how you attempt to use it to justify your bigotry.

The "they want too much too soon" is the same argument used to delay giving rights to African Americans. Using your kind of logic, nothing should ever change which means that women should not have the vote and blacks should still be slaves. American history is full of examples of society eventually recognizing past wrongs for what they are and correcting them. The people who were last to recognize those wrongs were the people who thought their religion validated those wrongs. It's bad enough that you want to disallow gay marriage. But you want to legally punish someone simply for being gay. That attitude is truly disgusting and immoral.

• plato

interior the 1st place homosexuals all over the realm have the very comparable rights as do I a heterosexual and that i a heterosexual have the very comparable rights as homosexuals. Now that we've cleared up the equality company enable me say that homosexuals are no longer searching for equivalent rights, they have already got them, they are seeking for specific rights. a particular precise to marry yet another of the comparable intercourse. it rather is a particular precise no longer an equivalent precise. it rather is between the themes with Public training, they might tutor them a thank you to study, verbalize words, yet they do no longer tutor, nor does PE inspire, comprehension.

They deserve equal rights because they're people. They're people who are not harming anyone else with their choice to love someone of the same sex. I support gay rights, as does my church. When Jesus said to love our neighbors, he didn't add, "But only the straight ones." Loving people means standing up for social justice. There's not one sane argument I've ever read against homosexuality, just a lot of people opposing it because their parents or some clergy member told them to. Jesus broke Sabbath laws and other deeply entrenched traditions of his day. I choose to break tradition by saying "no" to bigotry. You'd have people jailed because of who they love? It would be hard to think of anything less Christlike.

• Tom K

"because the USA is a christian country"...It isn't and it never has been:

Many Religious Right activists have attempted to rewrite history by asserting that the United States government derived from Christian foundations, that our Founding Fathers originally aimed for a Christian nation. This idea simply does not hold to the historical evidence.

Of course many Americans did practice Christianity, but so also did many believe in deistic philosophy. Indeed, most of our influential Founding Fathers, although they respected the rights of other religionists, held to deism and Freemasonry tenets rather than to Christianity.

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The mentioning of God in the Declaration of Independence does not describe the personal God of Christianity. Thomas Jefferson who held deist beliefs, wrote the majority of the Declaration. The Declaration describes "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God." This nature's view of God agrees with deist philosophy and might even appeal to those of pantheistical beliefs, but any attempt to use the Declaration as a support for Christianity will fail for this reason alone.

Officially called the "Treaty of peace and friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, of Barbary," most refer to it as simply the Treaty of Tripoli. In Article 11, it states:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

You don't have to accept it at all. However, you cross the line when you want to enforce your will upon others using the government. The government should be out of marriage. its a contract anyway. Gays can't visits there partner in a hospital. They can't join the boy scouts. Just until recently they weren't allowed in the military!

For them they are normal. They are just not the normal you find yourself currently.

America is a union of all the people not just the ones that you approve of.

The idea of you lording over others who is good and who is not makes you the problem.