J

can you think of a word for endlessly waiting?

or endless patience?

I think Kathleen is the closest so far.

• anjana

Endless waiting - simply means a long wait either forced upon or self induced! Since the objective is the waiting to complete a task, the impressive saying that it is a ENDLESS WAITING needs to be checked / verified for the actual merit of the case in point, which most often found to be unwanted and unintended hold up or a self induced LONG WAIT for the task completion without knowing about the time loss! Understand that there is no single word to replace the "ENDLESS WAITING or ENDLESSLY WAITING', either in dictionary or in practice!

The only thing I can think of, is saying something like "It took an eternity." Sorry it's not much of an answer but I hope it helped.

Forever.

Jedi

An infinite or immeasurable holdup.

how about "perpetual anticipation". I can't seem to find a sing word synonym.

enduring