how to reduce prostitution?

In this day and age, prostitution is a result from necessity and mostly always has been. Today maybe not so much as once upon a time, with promiscuity being promoted in the media and considered normal today. How can we reduce prostitution on a large scale. At the same time be aware of the horrors that come with the industry. I'm all for legalizing it. Regulating it. Enforcing tri-weekly blood tests, taxing it, and containing it for reduction, having the tax generated from their income pay for the health burden, reducing safety risks of homicide, and then eventually controlling their wages to eliminate the problem to a minor part of the population. As long as there are people there will prostitutes. If the governance controlled it, including location, wages, health care and re-training, and I think we can eliminate a large percentage of prostitution. They're going to do it anyways, might as well make it tougher, safer, and with other options for both the tax payer, the law, and for all. Those are my thoughts. What are yours?

Adam I'm more well informed about prostitution then most. Damn near every woman I knew from 16-25 was a prostitute. I think my idea would work. What you have to realize is you have to control gangs, but I'm sure both of you don't know how the underworld works, nor the upper world. The 2 different worlds need to find a prosperitable and mutually beneficial balance. White collard crime makes blue collard criminals. Including prostitutes.

by legalizing it! i'm a virgin, but it's a lot safer physically and sexually against stds... then they can get fair pay and get through hard times and not need to do it anymore

• Adam

Most prostitutes are prostitutes because they are either addicted to drugs or in a heap of debt not because they want to, by legalizing it i think it would increase drug dealers takings as addicts could earn money more easily meaning they would buy more drugs, many would tax dodge (as this is easily done with cash in hand) and crime would go up, people would prostitute regardless of a regulator telling them not to as they have STD's and would make it even harder for police to find the illegal ones. so STD's would increase.

to reduce prostitution the governments would need to decrease addictive drug use and eliminate poverty and be tougher on people who hire prostitutes.

prostitution has eaten deep into their systems i guess we should pray for them