Tick control: How to keep ticks off you?

When it's 90 degrees F and 80% humidity nobody wants to blouse our boots and wear long sleeves. (Or do what some soldiers did in Texas combat training in the tent city and wear panty hose ;) [For this I of course blame CIC Jimmy Carter.] Is there some herbal or chemical way to make ticks not like you? Eat a lot of garlic? Silver bullets?

In Ohio we didn't really have a winter so the bugs are going to be killer this summer.

BQ: Mosquitoes?

DOUBLE BONUS!:

Can I blame Al Gore for this?

"all purpose bug spray".... would that be DEET?

• dumdum

Every mosquito repellent on the market that contains "deet" will work on ticks and red bugs." Chiggers"

I start bow hunting in mid- September, and the area has a lot of ticks. You spray down your boots, then your clothing, I usually just spray down my pants legs and boots. This will keep any tick off you.

• BBean

Al Gore probably has a woods somewhere in the walls of his humongous house and even ticks refuse to live with hypocrites. You can blame him,but don`t expect him to take responsibility.

For real, I ate jalapenos and that worked for a while, but I think the ticks mutated and started liking them. Just keep the bug spray handy.

You can put sulfur in a sock and then beat yourself with it.

I'm actually not kidding, I've done this before, and it actually works.

But there are also less smelly ways of just using all-purpose bug spray. Panty hose won't keep mosquitoes off of you, but you can:

a) buy the bug spray, or

b) use a yellow coiled bracelet brand that keeps them off. But the bug spray also keeps of chiggers and no-see-ums.

So I'd definitely go with all purpose waterproof bug spray where you can find at your hardware stores, and camping supply places.

Source(s): I live in Texas

Suck it up and blouse your pants---with flea-and-tick dog collars. That'll help. Then use the DEET, and just get in the habit of checking for the more determined ticks that'll still get on you.

To us southern boys, 90 degrees and 80% humidity is a nice spring day.

• Mr.357

You can try DEET. Just check yourself after you go into the house. From what I have heard, you can not get any diseases from ticks unless they have been embedded for at least 24 hours.

Stay indoors with the Air Conditioner

I use OFF and it works real good for me.