Has anyone used Kickstart?

It's an online microfinancing site, for small to medium size projects. You don't have to go through a bank with it. Just wondering what people's experiences have been. I know it's fairly new.

Yes, Kickstarter -- the one that helps fund small business projects for people.

But neither of you have USED it yet? I'm looking for experiences.

What is Kickstarter?

Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative projects.

We believe that:

• A good idea, communicated well, can spread fast and wide.

• A large group of people can be a tremendous source of money and encouragement.

Kickstarter is powered by a unique all-or-nothing funding method where projects must be fully-funded or no money changes hands.

Source(s): -

I've hard many positive reviews though my problem is the fact that if someone donates let's say $100 you need to have a prise/present u give them. Then you give more if they donate $200 and so on. Like you have different presents for different contributions.

The way I would do it is I would ask them if I could put their name in the credits as the financial contributors if they donate over a certain amount of $ and the more they give the better image/picture I would draw for them as a thank you. It would go in the thank you section. I hope this helped. I'm thinking of using kickstarter to fund a digital web comic of mine.

do you mean Kickstart or Kickstarter?

I have written to the one in SF, as I used to live there.