promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

When a background check company calls my previous employers, will they reveal which company they represents?

I mean will they reveal the company name I am currently applying for?

Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Max J
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

It depends what kind of background check and company, but generally yes. For high level background checks such as those for top secret security clearances in the military, instead of calling your references and previous employers will actually be visited by a federal agent for a personal interview so that they can get an official signed copy of a statement. For most "background" checks, companies will basically download any police reports that you have associated with you, and then if they feel the need they will call references as they are required by local procedures. Most persons that deal with any sort of information security are very hesitant to provide any information without confirmation of who they are talking to weather it be official documentation or identification, however for a job related call, often the information asked is limited to job performance and not sensitive in regards to personal life. Some background checks require not only provided references, but also use "generated" references, which you will have no prior knowledge that they will be contacted.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 years ago

Yes - they will need to know the company name and the name of the person who will give your reference

Source(s): work at a company that needs to get crc checks
  • 8 years ago

They will have to. Its privelged info. However their Q and A's will be limited. All the employer can ask is, does the applicant currently work or has the applicant worked for u. They can NOT by law disclose any reasoning why u may have lost ur job, they can NOT disclose any problems.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.