1. Let Me In (i have a weakness, a deep love for this movie. I don't know how many times I've actually watched it, but I love every single moment of it, and i usually watch it late at night if i have the chance, and it always just makes everything better in my life afterwards, and makes sleep much easier, haha)
2. Hearts in Atlantis (it reminds me so much of my childhood, its so nostalgic and so very sad while being happy and such at the same time, I love it)
3. Donnie Darko (this movie makes me laugh so hard everytime, almost to the point of tears, because Donnie Darko is probably my favorite fiction character...maybe ever! And the messages in this movie, the anti-society, anti-school and everything I just agree with so much, plus its a mind-bending, dark experience to watch it)
4. The Breakfast Club (similar to Donnie Darko in my opinion, minus the supernatural and unexplainable, this movie is hilarious, it's deep, it's just everything!)
5. The Departed (no matter how many times I watch it, it keeps me on the edge of my seat the entire time. One of those movies that makes you forget you're watching a movie, plus the story and the writing is genius)
6. Sucker Punch (incredible acting, unique and awesome story which is surprisingly deep, sad, fun, awesome music...this movie really affected me)
7. The Book of Eli (it's badass, it's meaningful, it's amazing...)
8. The Shawshank Redemption (how could I not pick this one? It's even hard to explain why I love it so much it's so good)
9. Stand By Me (authentic, funny, witty, and of course deep as well, this movie just stands for so much about my life, and probably many others' as well, from the standpoint of childhood. I would absolutely love it to have an experience like these kids in this movie)
10. Better Off Dead (a classic; Diane Franklin is beautiful, John Cusack is hilarious and portrays his character to a tee, this one is as funny as it is a good movie, and that's why i chose it over...a great deal of many others I could've put, haha!)
There are more, of course, but you said ten! Movies are great things, aren't they? Even just the concept of them?
What are your top 10?