Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Where is there proof that God exists?

I have recently become an Agnostic Atheist after growing up Catholic, and I've always wanted to know where exactly is there proof for a God? I've asked many of my religious friends, but all they can give me is that the Bible says so or that they just have this "feeling" sometimes that God is there... are there any actual viable, scientific proofs that God exists besides a story book or a "feeling"?

Looking for opinions of both believers and non-believers.

Additionally, anyone who tries to justify their claims by the capability for us to believe should look into Bertrand Russel's teapot... And anyone claiming existence should look into The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins... evolution ring a bell?

Some proofs for me are...

I exist. I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Birds, fish, and flowers have designs that are like from an artist- detailed, skilled, beautiful.

The great crowd of witnesses throughout history, writings, and the domino effect.

I believe good and evil each have a source.

But mostly, I do not think it is logical to conclude that intelligence could come from nonintelligence. That a car has to have a maker, a watch has to have a designer. The odds of putting all the pieces of a watch in a bag, and shaking it, and being able to pull out a working clock are easier for me to believe than life suddenly existing all on it's own.

Russel's teapot is flawed as we have extremely powerful telescopes, and radar to verify that it isn't there. Dawkins preaches outside of his field, is an opinionated hack who gives his assumptions with a little science jargon thrown in to dazzle his pleb believers into making himself more wealthy.

The existence of God is a proposition in metaphysics, not in the physics. It cannot be demonstrated in physics, even in principle. One of the deductions from the existence of God is that He is Existence Itself. But physical science must take existence as one of its assumptions -- you cannot demand empirical evidence without assuming an empirical universe -- and no science can demonstrate its own assumptions or axioms. That would be circular reasoning therefore, physical science cannot demonstrate either Existence or God.

• Miss Q

Among the common and the ordinary things we can find the indwelling high intelligence. He, she, it, is the eternal force that holds together and keeps apart. It allows the manifested to be, but in itself cannot be detected through conventional means, as it is a part of the unproven hidden dimension which is smaller than the quantum world that can be seen. That which cannot be proven exists but waits for us to find the point of perfect balance wherein he dwells, and until we continue to seek the "stone of the wise" and continue to discover the narrow path in which it lies, we shall continue upon our path of unconscious living within the realm of object identification, mental judgment, and blindness.

• Boz

The proof is one minute after you die but unfortunately late entries are not guaranteed reservations at the table.Russell and Dawkins have zero spirituality and about as much definitive proof of ape to man conversion as Piltdown and Lucy.Does that ring any bells?

Noah's ark was found in Turkey in the shape of the boat and the dimention described in the bible.

Edit:

Also the Crown of thorns that Jesus had was believed to have been found.

Prophets that tell us what god has for us can tell you.

The experience of god through revival, baptism in the spirit...

• inday

Where is there proof that God exists?

Yes!

I am the proof. If God didn't gave me life, I wouldn't be here answering your question.

Bible prophecies, and Historical proof, Also Faith is a big proof of God.

Primitive thought is that God is the Force of Life.

Even a child would not have such a difficult time with this concept.

There is not proof except what you want to make up. And that "feeling" is gas. The bible was plagiarized from the Sumerian tablets and has nothing to do with any gods.

• Oizys

dude no such thing as proof of God. Don't you think that there would only be 1 religion if there was any proof? That's why there are several