Can girls play high school football?

Ik wat u guys r thinking "girls cant play football bc theyre way too prissy". But im not a priss at all! I love video games, wrestling, football, and last saturday for my birthday i went to play paint ball and had the time of my life. I am very fit and maybe look girly bc of the way I look but once u get to kno me im not like one of those miss prom queen girls. I dont want play bc i get to be with a bunch of cute guys, i want to play bc it signifys who i am and i want to shine. I dont want to ba qauter back or anything like that I want to be the reciever bc im a very fast runner. Yeah so i might get a few broken bones and all but i will live. But i just want to kno if the coach will let girls play football. (yes ik that guys tackle and are all tough but so am i in a girl way.) Just plz tell me what u think.

• Cu Tie

Yes, I highly encourage you to join your high school football team this upcoming season. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a girl playing high school football, even on an all-boys football team.

Based on your ability to run very fast, I believe that you will make a very good fit at the wide receiver position.

Keep in mind, the next step in movement of females playing football is starting to take place. In fact, one of the biggest stories of 2011-2012 is about 2 girls, Brianna Amat and Andrea Marsh, getting recruited to play for college football programs: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ben_...

"9. Putting the boys to shame. The subject of a number of memorable headlines, girls dominated the gridiron in 2011. And following the trailblazing success of Brianna Amat -- Pinckney's (Mich.) kicker turned homecoming queen -- and Andrea Marsh -- Panama's (N.Y.) defensive back extraordinaire -- more girls could follow in their footsteps next season."

Source(s): The great thing is that this is only the beginning. The number of girls playing high school football, and getting recruited to play for college football programs, is only going to increase rapidly in the next 3-4 years. You can be a part of this movement!

Yeah, if they don't let you, you can sue the district. However, what you should ask yourself is: Would it be smart for you to play football?

It seems you love the game; that's great. However, there are risks involved in football in terms of your future. The main ones would be concussions and physical injuries. Are you a track star? Because it's almost impossible for you to get a football scholarship for college, and if you get injured, good-bye track scholarship. If you have really good grades, the time and potential concussions from football could affect your grades, and therefore your ability to go to a good college. Also, consider how it could affect your social life. If you think the pros outweigh the cons, go ahead. If not... well, you get the idea.

• Karen

Personally I would not let my Daughter play, I would not want her to get hurt by a much larger Boy! Boys your same age will weigh an average of 160 to 210 lbs, Bench 180-230 and squat upwards of 250 to 350 on average. Please think about your physical well being! I know it sounds sexist but it is also reality we are not equal in all things males and females are different in many ways and that is a good thing!

I think girls SHOULD be able to play football. What dignifies it as a "male" sport? Nothing really...Sure they hit hard and are very physical but i am sure a girl like you knows that. I think it is great that girls are getting involved with male dominated sports. Should it really matter if a girl plays football? Nope :) I am 20 and in college and i used to play football in high school. We also had a girl on our team and she burned half the guys she played. Boy were they upset haha. Go get em' girl :)

-J

I don't mean to sound sexist or anything.. But football is a mans sport. Honestly, We completely take our clothes off (Usually down to our boxers, but after the game I always take a shower.. Thus, taking off all my clothes.) to get in pads and get ready for a game... Even if you want to be a wide receiver.. You'll still get the **** tackled right out of you! I don't mean to be crude or anything.. But it's bound to happen.. Plus, other schools will refuse to play a team with a girl on it. There is too much liability.. I'd focus on maybe just going to the games and acting as if you're a part of the team. Like, hand them water, get them towels, and still hang out with the 'cute guys'. You don't have to play the sport to hang out with them!! Just.. Honestly.. You have big 6"3, 225lbs kids out there getting the hell knocked out of them! Even if you're fit.. You still get hurt.

• ?

technically you *can* play football but you won't. You might think you're fast but once you're actually competing with fast boys you'll just look slow. Not to mention they've been playing their whole lives and you're just getting started. There's a reason why girls can only be kickers

If they say no, bring it to higher authroities

and say theres womans rights that arnt being followed! Its male dominant, i could be the only female line backer in NFL just cause of male dominancr

Yes. My younger sister played JV football. She was a lineman.

yea theres even tx shows that pro football females play it and their goodf!!!

1 they have to under law 2 I think you would be great 3 I think that's ******* hot!