Why does McDonald's have horrible customer service?

I just went there and, as usual, the speaker had an attitudal, monotone voice. She continued to repeat "Will that be all?" after every pause within my order. When I got to the second window to get my food, the bag was shoved at me with another rushed, monotone "Thank you, come again". The window... show more I just went there and, as usual, the speaker had an attitudal, monotone voice. She continued to repeat "Will that be all?" after every pause within my order. When I got to the second window to get my food, the bag was shoved at me with another rushed, monotone "Thank you, come again". The window slammed in my face before I could even open my mouth to ask for ketchup.

So my question is, Why does McDonald's have awful customer service? What do you think about McDonald's in general?
Update: Well, the problem with that is--i always go out of my way to be extra nice to the people working there. I understand that it's probably a really sh*tty job, so I always try to be very friendly to make the working experience a little less bad.....but they don't appreciate it! So i can definitely rule out my... show more Well, the problem with that is--i always go out of my way to be extra nice to the people working there. I understand that it's probably a really sh*tty job, so I always try to be very friendly to make the working experience a little less bad.....but they don't appreciate it! So i can definitely rule out my attitude or demeanor being a factor in the horrible service.