Cheap round-trip flights to Toronto?

I travel to the states often (I love it there). I just do not understand why this, my first time flying to Toronto, could POSSIBLY be five hundred dollars (cheapest rate I found). Not very less expensive than my vacations to the states! I spend about seven hundred for a flight and hotel package for over a week in... show more I travel to the states often (I love it there). I just do not understand why this, my first time flying to Toronto, could POSSIBLY be five hundred dollars (cheapest rate I found). Not very less expensive than my vacations to the states! I spend about seven hundred for a flight and hotel package for over a week in Atlanta. My Atlanta trips are a good deal, but still! I just cannot fathom the morals behind paying this amount of money for four days in freaking Toronto(FLIGHT ONLY). I was like "Is expedia.com playing like some kind of practical joke on me? Am I being Punk'd? Where's Ashton?"
Seriously, where are there cheap flights to Toronto? It's Toronto, guys, and it's four days. For real.
Update: From Halifax