Dental insurance question?

I need basic info on dental insurance asap!!! My front teeth have cavities / starting to decay? It's not super-noticeable, only when I smile really big. Its in between my front teeth. I never really brushed my teeth and apparently my family has bad teeth genetics. I never really though about it but my... show more I need basic info on dental insurance asap!!! My front teeth have cavities / starting to decay? It's not super-noticeable, only when I smile really big. Its in between my front teeth. I never really brushed my teeth and apparently my family has bad teeth genetics. I never really though about it but my grandparents all have bad teeth too. How much would it cost to fix this? Is dental insurance and health insurance the same thing? I'm 19, no college or job, YET! I come from a very poor family, I live with my mom and my dad lives away. I know that I don't have health insurance because my mom told me the government aid would only last until my 19th birthday if I wasn't in college. If I was in college then it would have lasted another 4 more years. I haven't had a dental checkup in probably 8 years. I don't want my teeth to get worse, they aren't horrible yet but i'm beyond embarrassed by it. I don't smile, I hardly open my mouth now, I don't even want to leave my house (Also overweight which adds to the ashamed factor). I started brushing them everyday now to slow it down. I already suffer from anxiety really bad so even thinking about telling my mom gives me a heart attack. She also had really bad teeth until about 5ish years ago. She had then "fixed" along with braces. If I asked her if I had dental insurance it could go two ways. No, why? Yes, why? If she says yes then it wouldn't be hard to tell her and I would make an appointment immediately. If its no then i'm really screwed, I can't fix it and my I let my mom down. Any ideas or suggestions? Easy way to tell my mom? How can I get dental insurance if I don't have a job or money? I'm at witts end!!!!
Update: Why I don't have a job -- I admit I have been living at home for the past year. I suffer from self-hate. I hate myself for bad-teeth and being overweight to the point where I don't want to leave the house so people don't have to be around me. I don't apply for jobs because who would want to hire... show more Why I don't have a job -- I admit I have been living at home for the past year. I suffer from self-hate. I hate myself for bad-teeth and being overweight to the point where I don't want to leave the house so people don't have to be around me. I don't apply for jobs because who would want to hire someone like me? It's actually on the lines of suicide so people don't have to tolerate me. That's incase you wondered why I didn't get a job for health benefits. I'm probably just being emo but it keeps me from moving forward with my life.