J
J asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 9 years ago

Where do you think the lost continent of Atlantis is?

Bob, Plato also gave a detailed physical description. I do believe in lost cities and continents destroyed by natural disasters, war, and time. Some places people just build on top of. Some places are never returned too. I wasn't asking google. I was asking what people thought, not computer opinions. I have my ideas where it is. I also have supportive evidence of where it is. If we did find it. What do we do with it? Turn it into Machu Picchu a tourist attraction?

• Bob

I believe that lost continent Atlantis existed & it is not an imagination . Even the Greek historian

Herodotus ( Father of History ) mentioned about it in 5th. century B.C . Such vivid description can

not be a complete imagination .

We know about tectonic changes in geography . We know Strait of Gibralter was not there .

Because of the force of water of Atlantic ocean & Mediteranean sea , Strait of Gibralter was

created . 10 or 15 thousand years back definitely Atlantis existed .

I feel it may be lost in Mediterranean sea or in the west side of Europe in Atlantic ocean .

For you information I am saying in India according to Hindu Mythology a big city was there in

western part of India which was known as 'Dwaraka' . Such city does not exist now . But the

Oceanographers have found the city a little off shore in Arabian sea. I am sure that one day the

Oceanographers will find out Atlantis .

America.

Check out the link below. It gives a possible location.

I think that Atlantis is somewhere where Bermuda Triangle is today and I'm pretty sure it is there, because all of this energy and all of those mystical events.

Source(s): My mind

it DIDN'T EXIST

if you read Plato's original description in it's entirety, which you probably didn't, you would know that it was a HYPOTHETICAL city, mentioned only to reinforce the argument that Plato was making.