Making cupcakes ahead of time for class party?

I need to make about 25 angry birds cupcakes for my sons classroom party that is in two days. I have to work tomorrow night and have things to do tomorrow during the day so I'm wondering if it would be okay to make and decorate them today? I would be able to take my time and do them right that way but I really... show more I need to make about 25 angry birds cupcakes for my sons classroom party that is in two days. I have to work tomorrow night and have things to do tomorrow during the day so I'm wondering if it would be okay to make and decorate them today? I would be able to take my time and do them right that way but I really don't want them taste gross.

So I would be making and decorating them on a Tuesday night and taking them to school on Thursday. I will be using store bought cake mix and frosting because I just don't have the time to do homemade right now. I know the bakery at the store I work keeps their cakes and cupcakes for a couple days so I'm assuming it would be alright?

Thanks in advance for any help you could offer. Here is the link to the type of thing I'm probably going to do. http://thecraftingchicks.com/2011/03/ang...