Can Domestic Assault charges get dropped?

MY Fiance and I(or I should say Ex) got into a very heated scuffle last night that lead to the police getting called and him getting arrested. Long story short we spent the day having a 12 hour argument(Not kidding it spanned ALL DAY),He has anger issues, Begged me to stop and walk away, I did not(I suffer from... show more MY Fiance and I(or I should say Ex) got into a very heated scuffle last night that lead to the police getting called and him getting arrested. Long story short we spent the day having a 12 hour argument(Not kidding it spanned ALL DAY),He has anger issues, Begged me to stop and walk away, I did not(I suffer from Borderline Personality disorder) and we got into the scuffle, This was an isolated incident and I now want to try and Drop the charges all together or atleast have the police take into consideration that he didnt just LASH out at me. I feel like It just pushed him over the edge(i will point out I am NOT the victim of Abuse, think what you want). He has been in anger managemant and was doing very good with his anger until yesterday, He wont talk to me(there isnt a restraining order) so I didnt know if I would contact the arresting officer or what? I just think these little details should be known because the officer tried making him out to be this violent woman beating but he isnt. I live in the state of Vermont if that matters and he has been bailed out since last night but is not residing where I live anymore, Any suggestions??
2 answers 2