Is it worth reading Clive Barker?

I'm a huge fan of Stephen King, who is fairly graphic in his writing. I heard that Clive Barker is disturbing also, and I wondered what his style of writing is like compared to Stephen King, if I should begin reading Barker's books and if anyone has any recommendations of where to start?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Bekki
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Best answer

Clive Barker is pretty graphic and disturbing, even more than Stephen King, in my opinion. I don't think he's as strong a writer, but if you're looking for a simple gore fest, Barker's your guy. The Books of Blood are a good place to start.

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Lily, i'm no longer a fantasy fan, yet the two our infants are, and that they bullied me into analyzing the 1st e book interior the sequence they seen the ideal ever. i'm a convert. I nonetheless am no longer a fantasy fan, yet i've got study this sequence two times by using and acquired them in hardcover. George R.R. Martin's A music of Ice and hearth sequence contains 4 books so a techniques, each and each vast: A pastime of Thrones A conflict of Kings A hurricane of Swords A dinner occasion for Crows i got here upon the characters and fantasy international plenty greater effective drawn than any in the different fantasy novels the youngsters insisted I try. Even the political and spiritual factors weren't boring. The artwork is darkish, as fantasy is going, with unpredicted and unfair misfortunes befalling characters in a international the place there is as plenty selfishness, evil, and greed as there is magic.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes, his books are totally worth reading. I recommend starting with the Books of Blood short story collections or the novella The Hellbound Heart (Filmed as Hellraiser).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.