Burned out on politics? Take the cure: Reagan 1964. Why don't we hear talk like this these days?

Why do we not hear Romney speaking about Individual Rights, Private Property and Freedom? Or against big government? Or about which Cabinet level Departments he will terminate? Or about his plans to get government to stop preventing growth in the private economy? I'm... show more Why do we not hear Romney speaking about Individual Rights, Private Property and Freedom? Or against big government? Or about which Cabinet level Departments he will terminate? Or about his plans to get government to stop preventing growth in the private economy? I'm waiting............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi3x7mmyw...
Before teleprompters, men knew how to speak from notes.
A Rendezvous with Destiny.

I got burned out on politics so I had to take the cure to cleanse my soul, and Reagan is it.

Notice that in 1964 a "dollar" only bought 45 cents. Now it's a nickle.
Reagan spoke in terms of Billions. Toward the end of Bush2 and more so now, we speak of Trillions.

"This is the last stand on earth", if Freedom fails here, there is no place to run to, no place to hide.

"There is no left or right, there is up or down" Toward Freedom or the antheap of totalitarianism.

5 minutes into it, Reagan speaks against President Obama's opinion that the Constitution stands in his way, that government is "hobbled" by the restraints imposed by that antiquated document.

Re Social Security Tax: He is right, see
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/ge...

24 minutes in Reagan throws down the gauntlet, the choice, saying "you can have peace in the next second: surrender". Fortunately he eventually defeated the Evil Empire of Soviet Slavery. And now we have a Marxist occupying the White House.

My opinion:
This aggression will not stand. Obama is toast if Americans still have any balls after 50 years the Feminization of Americans.
Update: @Ms: teleprompters did not exist in 1964.
Update 2: Heck, most Americans did not have color TV! Or remote controls. We actually had to walk across the living room to change channels and adjust the rabbit ears, maybe with a little alum foil on one, to get the signal on the 5 channels we may or not have had. Viet Nam hadn't even gotten cranked up yet. The... show more Heck, most Americans did not have color TV! Or remote controls. We actually had to walk across the living room to change channels and adjust the rabbit ears, maybe with a little alum foil on one, to get the signal on the 5 channels we may or not have had. Viet Nam hadn't even gotten cranked up yet. The Projects hadn't been built yet. The Civil Rights Movement and the Women's Movement were just getting geared up to full ramming speed. FM radio had only classical music, AM talk radio was about recipes. Everything was analog, "film at 11".

Please get a clue about the pics you post. AARRGGGG!

And you weren't even born yet. Yes I am a B*tch today.
Update 3: @Dr Yes: guilty as charged. But I am recovering. Best laugh I've had all day, THANKS!
Update 4: FASCINATING: 8 answers and nobody has mentioned Romney. Weird huh?