1. The let's go kill someone somewhere faction. Now these days almost every Republican will deny he supported Bush, some will even claim that their support of Ron Paul today, somehow changes their calls to invade Iraq in the past. Yet they still want to be vindicated. They still want people to acknowledge them. They want more oil wars.
2. The faction of Republicans who like secret police. I find it odd that candidates which would drive the right wing conspiracy nuts wild, pass Republican muster. The last two Republicans elected to the presidency actually ran the CIA and was the son of that same CIA chief. So a former NSA secret policeman, that supervised all sorts of attacks on civil rights? Must be a shoo in and these same circles.
3. Republicans who have that peculiar idea that black people were happily voting Republican till the last election, when all of a sudden they decided to vote for Democrat, just for Obama. In their ideology, all you need to do is run a black man or woman to win votes. In their ideology a radio show host who once ran a third rate pizza chain is "experienced."
4. Republicans who think that you just run a woman and female voters will vote for you. You'd think that their Palin debacle would have cured them of this odd idea. Instead, some Republicans look about for any Republican woman who hasn't been proven batshit crazy in the public spotlight.
5. Her complete lack of public office. Unlike people who have made careers in the light of day, much of her experience is classified. So no way to actually pick over her stands on various policies or issues. Short of a sudden revelation that the reason she isn't married is that she is a lesbian, there aren't any pregnant daughters ready to leap out of the bushes, as has already been confirmed by the extensive background checks she has under gone. She is a blank slate.
6. Those who desire to prove they have wide spread black supporters. The reality is, both Colin Powell and Rice are Republicans by virtue of appointment. Neither was even viewed as political till they accepted jobs with the Bush administration. Neither has ever expressed their concern over any "Republican" issue till their boss told them to make a statement.