Can you align your self w/ right wing specialist Ted Nugent how he explained his measure to avoid the draft?

Apparently he ceased all hygiene for a month before he saw the draft board. This included how he peed and shat him self. He's endorsing Romney.

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/draft_dodgi...

?- No one's twisting your arm to answer. Some of us consider political questions more meaningful than the abundance of "chat-like" questions that are guideline violations.

I don't report anything ... I would think you could tolerate how some of us are concerned about events that influence the world.

Dee- I saw him in concert circa 1969 in the little theatre (seated about 200) St. Viator high school (about 2 blocks f/ here) where he attended.

It was described as the loudest noise in this sleepy suburb (Arlington Hts.) because the music could be heard up to 3 miles away (this was an indoor concert).

Back then, I thought he was cool, but then again I was trippin.

Watch- I understand how one can be averse to the draft (I sure was but I didn't get drafted). I'm struggling w/ how he did it, the fact he publicized it, all in the light of how he professes his desire to shoot things. If he wanted to shoot things, VietNam was a great place for that.

Apparently, he didn't want to shoot things that shoot back but a defenseless deer in his rifle scope is fine w/ him.

*Oops ... I was addressing Watchdog above ... didn't realize I had a Watchman in the answers.

Not only that, but Romney went out of his way to seek the endorsement. I couldn't help thinking, while reading this article, of the contrast between Nugent (Michigan's own Motor City Madman) and Arlo Guthrie, who had his integrity challenged by the draft board because he had a conviction for littering. LOL. Really, though, who takes any of this seriously? Nugent is considered nuttier than a fruitcake by any moderate. It's too bad Romney didn't distance himself from Nugent's more controversial statements yesterday "if Obama is reelected by this time next year I will be dead or in jail" which to me smacks of a rabid talk radio listener, and of course, the other one about chopping peoples' heads off, which has the Secret Service eying him.

• Larry

And Bill Clinton stood on the capital grounds and burned his draft card. I don't agree with either method.

I am not a fan of dear old Ted, he is a jerk in my opinion.

He will shoot things that can't shoot back , he is a chicken s***.

he is a twisted "Redneck" and I usually change the tv channel if he is ever on,he is a boring dude.

I am not opposed to people having guns but I am opposed to idiots like him,.

Honestly, there were allot of guys who tried to get out of going to war in Viet Nam in the late 60s and I really won;t fault any of them. It was a horrible war and we should have never been involved to begin with. I was in the military at that time but respected a draft evader as much as I did somebody who served like I did.

Nugent always was a head case, and still is, and in reality I can respect his views on either candidate, because personally I don't care for either one of them, and neither will get my vote, which really isn't any of anyone's business but I said it anyway.

Take away his guns, guitars and "mikes" and what do you have? Zip. He can't stand by himself.

Wasn't a bit surprised. Draft dodgers always become the most rabid collectors of crackpot right wing causes.

• Terry

That maggot has a real talent for hypocrisy, but not much else. The dbag bragged about becoming his girlfriend’s guardian so he wouldn’t get arrested for sex with a minor and said in an interview “I'm stymied to come up with anything funnier than people who think animals have rights." Pathetic.

Avoiding the draft without standing on a square inch of principle is just weak.

I think some of his philosophies are right, and some are wrong, very wrong! This was one of the very wrong ones.

• jonds

I saw that before also. Amazing how Fox news calls him a great American and Sean Hannity thinks he is a patriot. Typical right wing crazies. I have quite a few of his LP's and am thinking of taking them out in the yard and burning them.

Nugent is a perfect illustration of the old saying "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

He's correct on gun rights, and on hunting. And wrong on every single other thing I've ever heard him say.

If he announced the sky is blue, I'd want to stick my head out the window to check.

He's a not too-bad musician, though.

Source(s): Marxian socialist and pro-gun rights