What makes someone a serial killer?

a lot of things, environment, socialization, bringing up, mental state or peer pressure....

Best answer: they think it's normal. This functions at a high level of complexity, for example, their background for reasons they may deny themselves makes them feel like there is no other option.

But since that position is so inadmissible, it is automatic to turn to other options, which are not themselves very desirable either.

One possibility is that serial killers are reincarnated from a role as a soldier, and couldn't translate conflict except by becoming conflictive children (who, afterall aren't allowed to be soldiers). It is the rhetorical positions like "violence is meaningful" often masqueraded as "violence is the state" or "violence is normal" or something like that combined with something like "I can't be a soldier" or "no one cares" or "society is apathetic" that get strung into long strings of reasons, which are then interpreted as relating implicitly with Darwinism. I think this "string theory of serial killing" deserves emphasis as the fundamental theory behind those acts.

But what would make it worse is if a serial killer had been reincarnated from someone who had already killed someone. That returns to the point that they interpret it as being normal.

One alternative is that serial killing is a result of social pressures, which for chemical or Darwinian reasons, make them feel like that is their responsibility. In this point, it is good to clarify that such chemical or Darwinian reasons may be very hair-brained and irrational.

For example, serial killers may adopt "thinking categories" which only function in a "do and dominate mentality". From a woman's point of view, this may be a form of literalism, but it is really more diabolical than that, because the questionable individuals have authentic history which supports their position to the fullest extent of their own concept of authenticity. In that sense, it could support the reincarnation view.

But the primary reasoning is that they have a certain brand of insight, which supports the "string theory of serial killing", which could also be called "string thinking" because string thinking provides a dangerous foundation for category replacement. That's my theory, and I think it's the best.

If the problem cannot be solved rhetorically, it might as well be some artificial element of reality like a video game, which is possible if it's possible. In that event, serial killing could be studied as an unwilling action that is a product of the wrong kind of brain chemistry, which is a factor obviously enough, once it is considered that these people are somehow unsatisfied.

Source(s): I've played videogames, and the shift in my mentality from video games made me want to study the subject

A serial killer is someone who loves to eat cereals very much.

Alternatively..

A serial killer is a man or a woman who commits or has committed many murders one after another.

What makes someone a serial killer?A lot of things.Environment,genetics,lifes experiences.

Why don't you do something illegal and ask them yourself, although a career in psychology has less personal loss of freedom involved, though there isn't much freedom in being a specialist, it could get you there as well.

I am sure there are dozens of books written on the reasons behind serial killing. Why would any one care about a serial killer? Why not pick up a book on cooking, or how about fine European art?

Mental disorders plus Being abused as a kid or being bullied

I'd say it's more of a metal thing like being born to kill then all this other stuff pushes them over the edge and their mind goes sick and wrong

Most serial killers began to appear after the Industrial Revolution. I think it's because they are individuals who have been alienated. The Nazis knew how powerful alienation was, that is why they designed factories of death like Auschwitz. Their mobile killing units were having trouble gunning down women and children day after day, so they created a system where people were taken from human status and treated as cattle. If we can not connect with another human being on that level, it becomes easy to kill them. It's no different from eating a cheeseburger.