Do you allow guests to wear shoes in your home?

When someone visits your home who does not reside in the house, do you allow shoes? How do you handle guests who want to keep their shoes on?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

Nobody wears shoes in my house. I have guest slippers that I offer to people who do not take their shoes off. I had one friend who refused to take his shoes off; he is no longer invited to my house.

• 8 years ago

It depends on a lot of things. Some people just have stinky feet and are embarassed if they are asked to take their shoes off. Also - if you barely know the person, it could be awkward too.

Its okay to ask a close friend, or a frequent visitor to remove their shoes. But as for a 1 time guest or rare visitor, I would just let them have their shoes.

Hope this helps!

• 8 years ago

Yes I do. However I have been to homes that don't allow shoes and they simply ask guests at the door "will you please take off your shoes and leave them here? We don't wear shoes in our home". And then I comply and take my shoes off.

Another good idea which Asian families seem to do, is have cheap slippers available for guests to wear (have SML sizes available) so that they have something else to put on. If you offer slippers to wear most people will comply with your no shoes request. Go online on amazon or ebay and search for slippers and buy a whole bunch.

• Mark
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Yes, I let my guests keep their shoes on. However, I only have wooden, laminate and tiled flooring in the ground floor of my home, so I don't need to worry about carpet stains.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Well, I prefer everyone to take shoes off at the door....... I do, I make my child do it, etc..

But sometimes others feel uncomfortable socializing bare-footed if they didnt wear socks, so I just let them wear them.

I can always vacuum afterwards.

As for me and my child and all of his little friends that come over, shoes off at the door is the golden rule!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Personally, I don't allow guests to wear feet inside of my house.

• Mushu
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Being warm, welcoming, and polite to my guests and making sure they're comfortable trumps everything. It's not going to kill me to have to vacuum up any dirt marks from their shoes, if any. If my guests feel more comfortable leaving their shoes on, that's okay by me.

• 3 years ago

Yeah I allow it, I take mine off and most of my friends do too, my friends and I all like being barefoot so we usually take our shoes and socks off in houses. (if the owner is ok with it)

• 8 years ago

No shoes on inside my house. You want to come in, you remove your shoes.

• 8 years ago

I usually ask them politely to take their shoes off, if they don't... I wouldn't really care honestly. I find it rude when people force other people to take their shoes off at the door.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.