Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

What are you favorit and easy crockpot/slow cooker recipes?

Just need some new things to cook

My oven isn't working now so I have substituted the slow cooker for some cooking. One thing that is easy and fun is to try making bread with a slow cooker. You can check the internet for other ideas on this but this is what I do -- got some of the small cornbread boxes by Jiffy, use one of those boxes of cornmeal mixed with about 1 cup of soy flour, and one cup of pancake mix. Stir that together with enough water to mix well but not too wet. Got 2 small loaf pans -- the mini ones, butter them, and put the cornbread mix in them. Turn the slow cooker on high and no water. Put one of the loaf pans on the bottom of the slow cooker -- may slant a bit but fits, and then put the other loaf pan over the first pan but across the first one so they cross over each other. Close the lid and let it cook about 3 hours.

As you said you were pregnant, I wanted to say that it helps a lot to have God in your life as you plan your future. I'm a Christian and it has helped me a lot with prayer, especially with a medical issue.

You can pray the prayer below to be a Christian and God can help you live it out. When you are a Christian, then you can get God's guidance, help, and get to live in heaven forever after death, if you live a good, God-honoring life. If you live a life without knowing God, then you go to hell -- a bad place of suffering forever, when you die. Praying the prayer below will make you a Christian. Then, live it out with faith and love for God and Jesus Christ, love others, Bible study, prayer, and church. It's about having a relationship with God. God is our spiritual Father, Creator, life, love, all-powerful, all-knowing, holy, eternal.

This is how to know God -- the basic Christian message and prayer --- you need to accept God's Son, Jesus Christ, into your life to be a Christian and follow God's ways so you can receive God's guidance in your life and get to heaven after you die. Knowing God can transform your life. As God is love, life is primarily about love and relationships in order to have a rich and full life. Also, you need to know God's Son, Jesus Christ, in your life as your Lord and Savior as Jesus died on the cross as payment for our sins. Having Him with you will give you God's blessing and forgiveness, as you live God's way. Not following God leads to hell, eternal suffering. Instead, there is an important prayer to pray to become a Christian. This prayer should be said with faith in God and a sincere heart:

"Dear God, I know that I am a sinful person and I don't want to be like this anymore. I know that Jesus Christ died on the cross as payment for our sins, and I want to accept Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior so I can receive God's forgiveness, guidance, and go to heaven someday. Thank you, dear God, for your mercy and guidance; in Jesus' name. Amen."

This prayer can take you to a new place in your relationship with God and transform your life. After saying this prayer, you should check out a Christian church, like Baptist or Lutheran (not ELCA Lutheran). The church can get you baptized and prayed for, and you can pray for yourself daily.

The church can get you into their Bible study group so you can learn more about God, Jesus, and God's will for your life. The Bible is God's instruction book about how to live a God-honoring life so you can go to heaven after you die. Ways to stay connected to God's path include loving God and Jesus Christ, obeying God's ways, daily Bible reading, daily prayer for yourself and others, getting to church, having your church prayer group and/or pastor pray for you, fasting with prayer for a higher level of prayer, getting with other Christians and doing a Bible study, singing hymns to God, taking communion with the church, helping and loving others, expressing your gratitude to God for His help in your life by telling others of your progress and helping them draw closer to God too, tithing, volunteering at church. Continue to turn from sins and seek God's forgiveness in your life as you live your daily life. God guide your life.

My favorite is Crockpot Chicken Tacos!

All you need is taco seasoning, a jar of salsa, and 6 boneless, skinless chicken breats (for the crockpot part). Put everything in and stir, cook for 4 to 6 hours on high or on low for 6 to 8 hours.

The rest of the taco is open to personal preference. You can use guacamole, sour cream, ect. There are many variations on this recipe too.

Source(s): Chocolate Therapy blog

CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE 4 chicken breasts 1 can cream of celery soup 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 can cream of mushroom soup 2 stalks celery, diced 1 bay leaf 1 large onion, chopped 1/2 teaspoon Bell's Poultry seasoning 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 cup Minute Rice Mix the cans of soup with the rice at the bottom of the Crockpot. You may substitute the type of soup you use in any combination (for example: 2 cans cream of chicken soup and one can celery soup). Add the diced celery, onion, and garlic and stir. Submerge the chicken in the soup. Turn heat to high for 10 minutes, then reduce to medium and cook for 4-5 hours. Or cook on high for 3-4 hours. Variation: leave out the rice and serve over cooked Pennsylvania style wide noodles. Note: Use temperature setting recommended by your owner's manual for cooking. Some crockery cookers have 3 settings - high, medium, and keep warm. Don't use the "keep warm" setting instead of the "cooking" settings for extended periods. Sometimes the high setting will cause overcooking and you will lose the benefits of using a slow cooker. The high setting is best used to bring food up to a safe temperature quickly before beginning slow cooking at the "medium" or "normal" setting.

BBQ Pulled Pork is awesome!

get Pork shoulder

Onions

Garlic Cloves

Liquid smoke

Salt and Pepper

BBQ sauce

Pork Rub

chop up onions and galic and put it in

sprinkle salt and pepper

cut off any fat from the pork

put pork rub all over

put it in the crock pot and fil 2/3 with water

Add liquid smoke, about a 2 table spoons

leave on for up to 8 hours. (the longer the better)

when finished, pour out water and other ingredients (save some onions and garlic if you want)

pull bone out, should be very simple.

pull apart pork with forks until completely shredded

put in 1- 1 1/2 bottles of your favorite bbq sauce.

then enjoy!

crock pot lasagna.

No heated kitchen at all and great for the summer.

There are tons of different recipes for this one. Just google and pick one that has ingredients you like.

I also layer pork chops with sauerkraut and sliced onions and cook till tender. Serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie.

Or

slice potatoes and layer with onions and diced ham and shredded cheese, ending with a potato layer. Don't fill the crock pot more than 3/4 full.

Add milk to just below the top of the potatoes and cook on high till the potatoes are tender and cheesy!

• C.M. C

Shade, in the slow cooker, I do ribs, add chopped onion, garlic on top of that I add a mixture of teaspoon of hot sauce (tabasco), tablespoon of soy sauce, two tablespoons of BBQ Sauce, and 1/2 a glass of red wine, salt and pepper, on low for six hours.