Heading to London in a few weeks on vacation. Any suggestions on what places to go check out?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I live in the USA. but I have always wanted to visit England. I am staying in London for about a month as a vacation. Any places i should go see during my time there?
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
THORPE PARK, IT IS AMAZING IF YOU LIKE RIDES
MADDAME TUSSAUDS
THE LONDON EYE
THE SCIENCE MUSEUM/ NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM(practically next to eachother!)
THE WARNER BRO'S STUDIO (if you like harry potter!)
THE LONDON DUNGEONS
BUCKINGHAM PALACE
WESTFIELD OR OXFORD STREET FOR SHOPPING!
TATE MODERN (if you like art)
THE GLOBE THEATRE
THE TOWER OF LONDON
BIG BEN
ALSO LONDON OFFERS SOME GREAT WEST END SHOWS, YOU COULD GO AND WATCH ONE OF THEM IF YOU LIKE SHOWS:)

CHESSINGTON WORLD OF ADVENTURES(slightly further)
IF YOU CAN, GO TO BRIGHTON PIER OR SOMEWHERE, WHICH IS SOUTH OF LONDON, IT HAS A LOVELY PIER&BEACH.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Asker's Rating & Comment

5 out of 5
I will gladly get to check these out. Everything sounds more entertaining than here in the USA. lol.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (9)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • XX answered 2 years ago
    I think seeing a stage production is essential. I saw The Woman in Black last week which was great. A back row stall seat is only £18 (US$29). It is in a small theatre, so even the back row has a good view. But there is Wicked, The Lion King and a host more.
    http://www.westendlive.co.uk/what-s-on

Of course all the major sights. Big Ben, The Tower of London, Buckingham Palace etc.

Churchill's War Rooms is a fascinating visit £16.50 (http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/churchill-w...

And there is a great exhibition running until late June on the history of the Brain. They even have a slice of Einstein's brain there. Macabre but interesting.
    http://www.wellcomecollection.org/whats-...

Go to this link to see attractions in a list by rank of popularity:
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions...

Have a good trip!
    • 2
    • Comment
  • David S answered 2 years ago
    There is a lot of information on London specifically in guides or on www.timeout.com/london
    I would highly suggest you visit some other parts of England too We have historic country towns and beautiful countryside and coastlines. Our national rail system is dense and frequent
    and you can buy an excellent value for money Britrail Pass before arrival www.britrail.com
    I would suggest visiting:-
    Bath www.visitbath.co.uk
    Brighton www.visitbrighton.co.uk
    York
    Ludlow www.ludlow.org.uk
    www.visitsouthshropshire.co.uk
    The Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley www.visitforestofdean.co.uk
    The Jurasic Coast (Dorset) www.jurassiccoast.co.uk
    These are just a small selection of beautiful and interesting places. I have no idea what your tastesand interests are
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • RachaelLeigh=moi :) answered 2 years ago
    What are you into?
    Go to the theatre I suggest to see a show.
    I would definitely plan for a day outside of London and maybe head down to Cornwall or somewhere and spend a day or book a B&B and spend a night. It's beautiful down there and if its warm go to the beach in Cornwall as they are beautiful!
    London Eye
    Greenwich Park/Hyde Park
    Brick Lane or Camden
    Westfields Stratford for some shopping if its cold out or Oxford Street if its okay
    Check out the museums and galleries if your into that
    Go on an open top bus tour and learn some history
    London Dungeons or London Bridge Experience
    The Jack the Ripper Tour
    Thames Boat Toar

Your spoilt for choice in London and I can't name or think of so many things that are possible to do!!

Check out http://www.timeout.com/london/ gives you a great selection of any events or any must sees in London.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Fred3663 answered 2 years ago
    Museum in Docklands
    Imperial War Museum
    Natural History Museum
    Kew Gardens
    Regents Park
    The Tower
    The London Eye
    Westfield Shopping centre
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Valentina answered 2 years ago
    go and see a show in the West End...there are loads of theatres in a small area and then afterwards - go in to Covent Garden & watch the street entertainers & musicians...everything is open very late - we tend to see a Matinee (afternoon) show and then go to Covent Garden for a drink and some dinner....it's really entertaining.

there are loads of shops, pubs, restaurants as well as the entertainment in the streets...you'll love it!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Jack answered 2 years ago
  • Salma answered 2 years ago
    THE LONDON EYE A MUST GO/SEE ITS AMAZING IVE BEEN THEIR TWICE anyway there is the nation history museum the scienc emuseum and (british museum i think) big ben buckingham palace although you can see them in the london eye umm next to the eye their is this aquarium there are lots of places to see
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Gary answered 2 years ago
    East India is great

Source(s):

Experience
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Le answered 2 years ago
    Yeah, Heathrow or Gatwick airports...lived in London all my life and they are my only favourite places now;)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock