Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

Dog training - Dog training?

Give me an article that will train me how to training dog.

Ellison.

• Sheri

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://bitly.im/aMKaG

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

• Shari

First, get a no pull harness. That will stop her straining and pulling at the end of the leash because it's uncomfortable under the arms if they pull. Next, change directions, a few steps, and make your dog sit with it's back to anything it's over reacting to. Repete till dog gets the idea that calm looking is ok, and barking lunging, circling on the lead etc, doesn't get them the response they want. Take treats while walking , kitty kibble usually is interesting enough and easy to carry, and give tiny treats when they act calm or sit when told. Be sure your dog is getting plenty of mental and physical exercise to keep healthy and mentally/emotionally balanced. Maybe find an agility course and trainer that you could work with, or teach your dog to search for things you hide around the house and yard. Enjoy your little dog, sounds like a smart and eager one.

• In obedience training, timing is everything. I don't think an article can teach you that. You would be better off signing up for an obedience class. They will teach you and help you train your dog properly.

• .

There is a lot of information online regarding training... or you can (and probably should) enlist the assistance of a professional trainer (you can look them up online, yellow pages, or contact your local humane society and they can probably give you a referral)...