Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

Dog training tips - Dog training tips?

Please i need your assistance on Dog Training Tips. Pls help me out.

Paul K!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

Clicker Training Your Dog

Training your dog is not only a responsible and satisfying aspect of being a dog owner, but also a means of establishing a rapport based on mutual trust, respect, and love. It can also save your dog's life under unexpected circumstances.

Typical dog training tips using verbal commands are great - depending on the breed with which you are working. Not all breeds respond well to verbal cues. Some, such as hounds, terriers, and toys, require an alternative method to traditional canine training. Clicker training is such a means for frustrated dog owners.

Clicker training, using a small, hand-held clicker, elicits positive responses by reinforcing a specific action with a click and a subsequent, immediate reward. Indeed, dog owners have experienced such a high degree of success with clickers that more and more animal owners are using clickers with horses, cats, and other species!

The two indispensable tools in this training are the clicker and a treat for drawing the desired result from your dog. Trainer suggestions for using the clicker method include:

1. If the dog does not respond appropriately, consider nonverbal cues that you may be giving your dog. Is your body language inconsistent or confusing? Does your dog understand that there is a connection between the click command and a desired action? Are there too many distracting elements that might throw off your dog's response?

Try a more isolated environment and be aware of your influence. Be consistent with body movement. Avoid verbal issuance (except with puppies). If necessary, repeat signals accompanied by physical reinforcement (gently but firmly).

Watch for indications of when your dog makes the connection between the click and the desired response and repeat, gradually diminishing use of physical actions until the correct response to the clicker is embedded in the dog's mind. Try different types of treats until you find the one that your dog most enjoys.

2. Initially refrain from using verbal commands, as this may cause confusion in the dog's mind. (With puppies, use a one-word command immediately preceding the click.) Reinforce with simple, consistent, firm (yet gentle) physical corrections, if needed, and the treat. Most breeds will respond better to this approach, and voice commands may be added at a later time after the dog has mastered clicker commands.

3. Be aware of how much training time is humanely possible for your dog! For a puppy, 3-5 minutes will suffice, followed by lots of loving. For an older dog, 5-10 minutes is an adequate amount. If your dog is responding well, limit your training to 15-20 cycles within a 3-5-minute session.

4. Do NOT reprimand your dog if he does not understand immediately! Make this an activity of love, trust, and reinforcement, which will carry your dog's desire to please you much further! Ensure that your dog is making the connection between the click sound and the required response.

If he is having problems or appears unmotivated, break the exercise down to its most basic units and slowly and patiently build up your dog's interest, motivation, and reward. Try changing the reward to see if it elicits a better response from your dog.

5. Punishment is harsh and unnecessary. Refrain from it, both verbally and physically. Correct your dog firmly and gently until he gets it right. Praise a puppy with delight and affection when it responds correctly. Let him make the association of doing what YOU want with love and reward! The time, effort, and bonding will always make it worthwhile for both of you!

Source(s): Wolfram Merz is a clicker training expert. For more great information on clicker training, visit http://short.im/SecretsDogTraining
    • Fay4 years agoReport

All you need to know about Dog training is right here. check this
      http://tipstotrainyourdog.blogspot.in/

• 3 years ago

There are a few real keys to dog training, whether you are trying to train your dog to come when called, sit, stop barking or any other behavior. Understanding their importance is critical to achieving rapid results that are long lasting and help develop the bond between you and your dog.

The first is simple; you must win your dogs mind. If you don’t achieve this first then you will be struggling the all the way. When I talk about winning your dogs mind what I really mean is that your dog looks to you for all the decisions. Before you do anything else watch one of the amazing video sites that show you the 5 Golden rules to establishing yourself as the pack leader. If you aren’t putting these in place then you are setting yourself up to fail. Just at the crucial point where you really want your dog to listen they will go and do their own thing. For sure your dog may play ball occasionally or even most of the time, you may even have a dog that is obedient 99% of the time, however if you want a dog who always listens to you and does as you ask then you need to win your dogs mind.

• 4 years ago

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://bitly.im/aMKZc

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

• 4 years ago

Firstly, choose the right location to train your dog. This allows your dog to focus as much as possible on you, the command, and the behaviuor you want him to associate it with. Second one is add distractions and distance. The key to success is introducing greater distances and distracting environments in small increments that add a new dimension without overwhelming your dog. Last one, get help. If your dog is consistently struggling to make the leap from obeying the command on his leash to obeying it while off his leash, then don’t be afraid to get help from a professional dog trainer or avail an <a href="http://finestpets.org/product/finest-pets-dog-trai... dog training collar</a>. The product simply help you in a way that can make your dog obey your command. Each dog is different and therefore not every dog learns in exactly the same way. Make the learning process as fun as possible initially. The ecollar seems to work out then because I've seen results after removing the collar from him. Also, while your dog is still practicing the recall command, don’t try to use it when you want him to come for a nail trim or anything else he doesn’t like. This will only introduce a negative association for your dog.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Use positive reinforcement!! Use something your dog really really loves! And make each training session interesting! Don't feed them first then start training, since they would be full they won't be so enthusiastic and eager. Kept sessions short and fun and leave off on a good beat and them wanting more! And most importantly have fun!

• 4 years ago

If your goal for Dog Training is to train your dog to do tricks or get rid of aggressive dog behavior, potty train, keep his barking from irritating your neighbors, get him to not jump all over your visitors, general dog care, or to just be able to trust him with your other pets, then Free Dog Training Tips is a great place to start.

I have heard people claim that they were at their wits end and about ready to get rid of their dog. "My dog just doesn't get it!" or "Nobody can train my dog, he's too stupid." We think of sending the animal away to a professional dog trainer and hope that would solve our problems. The truth is that usually dog training requires training the owner as much as the dog itself. Even when the dog is trained by a professional it is often just a temporary fix. Eventually the dog returns to old habits. When a dog owner finally understands a few basic things, their dog seems to get smarter. To train your dog effectively is mostly a matter of understanding your dog better, and communicating with "Doggy Language."

Just like people, dogs are very social animals that crave love and security. Because of this, we find behavioral patterns that account for both their playfulness and trainability. Dogs demonstrate loyalty and devotion through their 'natural instincts as pack animals', which mimics the human concept of love and friendship. This is the main reason why so many of us, see our dog as one of our family, and believe it or not, dogs see us as one of their pack!

Throughout human history dogs have lived and worked with humans, one to the benefit of the other, and this type of inter species relationship has earned our dogs the title of, "Man's Best Friend."

Read more here: http://www.getfreedogtraining.com/the-online-dog-t...

Attachment image
  • 8 years ago

There is many tips about dog training.I have used many books to train my dog, but now I found resource on the net. There is link in the source box ,and I hope it will be helpfull.

• Kristy
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

If you’re thinking you want to start training your dog properly, but aren’t sure how, then you’re in the right place. Learn more http://OnlineDogTraining.enle.info/?1GCg

The thing about proper dog training is that the more you know, the more you can use towards training your dog. If you have gotten a new dog or puppy, you should work on training them right away. If they are going to be indoor dogs, you can start crate training them . This prevents bathroom accidents or your items being chewed on. Start off with the right sized crate, so that they have enough room in the crate to move around a bit.

If you are trying to crate train your dog or puppy you must understand that you can not expect them to be able to hold their bladders for extremely long periods. You must provide times for them to go to the bathroom. They don’t want to go in their special place. So it is up to you to take care of them. If they have a accident don’t get mad at them, it wasn’t their fault it was yours.

When teaching your dog discipline, regardless of what training method you use, you should always apply it with speed and consistency. Not correcting your dog for bad behavior every single time, sends him mixed signals that may only make the problem worse. Likewise, not correcting your dog immediately, may make it hard for him to understand why you are punishing him.

• 5 years ago

Make him sit on the ground

Extend your hand

Raise the paw

Switch Paws

Time to Flaunt the Trick

Through AtozpetCare

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

have you seen this site?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.