Error Message 678, Unable to connect to the Internet through Broad Band Connection, Plz Help.?

I have connected DSL Modem to my PC through Ethernet Jacket, all the H/W devices are working properly but unable to connect to the internet. The modem light is OK, the cable is OK, ID & Password is OK at Broad Band Connection. I have manually given the IP address and the exclamation mark has gone where it was... show more I have connected DSL Modem to my PC through Ethernet Jacket, all the H/W devices are working properly but unable to connect to the internet. The modem light is OK, the cable is OK, ID & Password is OK at Broad Band Connection. I have manually given the IP address and the exclamation mark has gone where it was previously unable to repair by the system. Now how can I connect to the Internet? Please Help. Thanks in advance.