Error Message 678, Unable to connect to the Internet through Broad Band Connection, Plz Help.?

I have connected DSL Modem to my PC through Ethernet Jacket, all the H/W devices are working properly but unable to connect to the internet. The modem light is OK, the cable is OK, ID & Password is OK at Broad Band Connection. I have manually given the IP address and the exclamation mark has gone where it was previously unable to repair by the system. Now how can I connect to the Internet? Please Help. Thanks in advance.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Turn Off Router/Moem.

2. Turn Off Computer (Leave it off for about 25 seconds)

3. Turn On Computer

4. Turn On Modem/Router

If this doesn't work Unplug/replug Ethernet cable.

Open CMD -> ipconfig /release (Enter)

ipconfig /renew (Enter)

ipconfig /flushdns (Enter)

netsh winsock reset (Enter)

Restart computer

If doesn't work after all this Ping IP and Default gateway, Depending on the reply we have go further. Contacting your ISP will help a lot...

Source(s): Network Expert
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Read this: http://www.tech-faq.com/error-678.html

Could be a firewall setting.

Could be a TCP stack problem.

Could be malware.

Also Check your computer settings:

Go into your network settings for your NIC (Network Interface Card) it will show up as the "Local Area Connection"

Right click and go to properties

Go down to TCP/IP V4 and click properties.

Check "Obtain IP Address Automatically" and "Obtain DSN Server Address Automatically"

Click OK

Also check "Internet Options" "Connections" "LAN Settings" and make sure "Use Proxy Server" is unchecked.

Reboot

The PC should get a IP assigned by the DHCP process in your router and the DNS should resolve through your router and the Internet should work.

If malware is the problem try the free version of Malwarebytes. http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_...

Good Luck...

Source(s): DSL Internet - http://isp1.us/dsl/
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

simply call the ISP

if you have XP operating system

then go to start RUN then type "%temp%"

and press <enter> then remove all the temp files

Also clear the browser cache and cookies

• 8 years ago

try factory reset modem and make sure its a dynamic ip address

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Joann
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

check your username and your password are entered correctly.and make sure ur lan connection is connected and in enable status.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Omg!! I have when that used to happen !! Try restarting your PC, if it doesn't work call your service provider. Good luck ! ;)

Source(s): Own experience
  • WayneH
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Have you contacted your ISP?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.