Help with my puppy to make him stop crying at night?

Tomorrow will make it a week that i have had my puppy he is a Jack russell pug mix and i have a pac and play for babies that i have that is used that im using as a crate till he is potty trained but he hates being in it he bites the sides and crys and i try covering it with a blanket and he just gets louder and he... show more Tomorrow will make it a week that i have had my puppy he is a Jack russell pug mix and i have a pac and play for babies that i have that is used that im using as a crate till he is potty trained but he hates being in it he bites the sides and crys and i try covering it with a blanket and he just gets louder and he only stops crying when i take him out and put him in my bed but im sick of him peeing on my bed i have blue pads and he sometimes goes on those but it just goes through the pad to my bed. how do i make him sleep in his pen. do i just let him cry till he goes to sleep he has toys and a bed and blankets in there
Update: The pac and play is at the foot of my bed i even tryed sleeping at the foot of my bed so he could at least see me and know he will be fine but didnt work. But im just gonna let him cry tonight and see what happens