HD

How many raw oysters would you like to eat ?

I think I would like 9. I have only had 6 tonight and I think those extra three would make me such a happy camper.

A couple dozen on the half-shell, with Bloody Mary's. I love oysters raw, Rockefeller, fried, and in po'boys. I have been craving oysters. My one friend said he had eaten all the oysters he cared to back in the day when his father held court at Rusty's Oyster Shack ("We serve 'em nude"). A Moroccan friend said she was up for it, but then she found out that the so-called Oyster Bar does not serve oysters.

A misleading choice of a name, I say.

0

• Lisa

I ate raw oysters out of curiosity (I first wrote "I hate raw oysters"...was that a Freudian slip?) and to find out what the big deal was about those, and also to please my boyfriend who loved them. Luckily, I married that boyfriend and now I'm divorcing him so hopefully, I'll never have to swallow those poor live creatures ever again. You don't really eat oysters, you never chew them (THAT would be really disgusting), you just swallow them (I suspect to get rid of them more quickly?) and get a taste of sea water as you imagine the poor little thing dying a slow painful death in your stomach acids. That little dash of lemon of hot sauce that you use on them, prior to their doom is just a test to make sure they're still moving (I'll squirt lemon in your eyes...let's see if you're still moving!) proving they're still alive. If you eat a dead raw oyster, that little bugger will make you pay dearly for all the other ones that you tortured. I like meat, I like fish, I'm not a vegetarian, but I think I draw a line where it comes to eating something LIVE! Also cooked oysters are disgusting, go for mussels instead.

Big Smiles,

I've gone as far as a dozen, and would like to try again,

but that many caused me to feel as large as a camper trailer, LOL.

I learned a very important lesson after the first, "Don't really chew."

There is no Pearl in the texture and flavor.

None. I don't care to eat food with the consistency of snot.

• Adrian

Yuck!! They look like elephant snot. Why would you want to eat that?

Keep em coming lady I can do this all night.... and you for desert o_O

You are one tough cookie!

zero

• Scott

ALL of them .... please;)... I LOVE oysters on the 1/2 shell... chilled on ice

Source(s): craving oysters now