Why do asian parents prefer boys?

Can asians only answer WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE with this matter

Similar to White supremacy, Asians take higher value of men because they are portrayed as leaders, the one with responsibility, the one who has abilities, is responsible for taking care of the family, bringing wealth to family, etc. On contrast, women are considered weak, submissive, obedient, etc. That is why Asian parents prefer sons over daughter because they can take over the family's will, inheritance, business, and responsibilities and make them prosperous:)

I'm not asian, but I learned a couple years ago in school that it has something to do with how men are the people who will bring fortune to the family, through working, while women were a burden cause it meant the family had to provide like.. an expensive offering or w/e (I forget the exact term) and the woman would move to her husband's family, and take his name. i think it's kind of different now, since women have more opportunities, but it takes time for cultural things to completely die

Yes Asian use to prefer boys. Mostly bcoz man use to earn and support family, more man In a family means more Income and girls were fully dependent on man. But that's ancient thing society has changed.

@Jennifer Taylor: honey u do know that without a guy girls cant have babies right?

Source(s): Asian
  • May

I'm not asian. I'm Black. I've read in my sociology book that asians prefer boys, because it is the boy's job to take care of the parents once the parents are older and can't take care of themselves.

• Hannah

Because in their society men were generally treated better, and with more respect. China is changing, but change takes a long time.

not asian but i saw a documentary that some indian and asian countries abort girls because they have to pay a dowry to the man they marry. plus the males can work and stuff like that.

Because their cities are over populated, girls will only have more babies...stupid right

bcoz they all look da same.