16 month son still wears size 1 diaper doc not worried please need advice!?

my son was born at 36 weeks but normal size 19 inches, 6 lbs 8 oz. he lost 1 lb in hospital, they released him anyways on a fri by monday he was only 5 lb. doc hospitalized him cuz he kept loosing weight we were kept for 3 weeks he had finally got to 6lbs. fast forward some and by 6 months hes still not getting... show more my son was born at 36 weeks but normal size 19 inches, 6 lbs 8 oz. he lost 1 lb in hospital, they released him anyways on a fri by monday he was only 5 lb. doc hospitalized him cuz he kept loosing weight we were kept for 3 weeks he had finally got to 6lbs. fast forward some and by 6 months hes still not getting very big, they start doing all different kinds of tests , he gets behind on his shots we are going to doc or childrens every weeks sometimes 2x a week. he is now 16 months everything has came back normal, but he still doesnt talk (coos like a newborn but no words), crawls but doesnt want to walk, can stand on own but not cruise furniture. only thing doc hasnt tested him for is dwarfism, which runs very heavy in my family she wants to wait until hes at least 2. but hes only 14 lbs and 24 inches and hes 16 months.

its hard to go out with him because he loves to sit in front of cart but when he does we have gotten cops called on us (she thought he was a newborn, so thought we were negecting our child), and cant go any where with at least 5-12 people asking his age, making comments on us not feeding him or just something about his age, or weight. he wears 6-9 month clothes but they are too big, and wears size 3 shoe and size 1 diapers still.

doc still has him on 3 bottles of formula and 2 bottles of whole milk a day, along with regular and baby foods. he still eats every 3 hours, 5 at night
has this happened to anyone? any advice would be great!
1 answer 1