How to put on weight?

Hey, I'm currently floating around at 80kg, 5'10, and I want to put on more muscle and lose fat over the next few months / year. I'm currently at 17% body fat, what's a good way for me to go to gain more muscle and even out the ratio? I'm currently boxing Monday, Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, with a weight session on Thursday which we just have to use light weights till we rep out then move onto the next weights similar to a circuit so 1 min rep out then move to next station etc.

Just wondering if I'll have to incorporate heavy lifting on a few of the days or can I gain weight by just eating clean with more calories? Any advice?

If you are exercising and building that much, you will gain no weight unless you address your diet. Some might suggest a protein shake etc, but I would say that you should do this with a natural diet.

This answer could be a book long, but I'll summarise in saying that you need to consume lots of protein (avoid growth hormone enhanced products like cheap chicken and eggs, else you will start getting unpleasant side effects). Try canned tuna, free range eggs, milks, cheeses etc. Try looking up high protein foods on the net for a more comprehensive list.

Secondly, to address the energy issue, you need to increase you amount of complex carbohydrates. That's all the multigrain items that take your body time to break down and digest. If you don't increase this in your diet, you'll find tha you lose weight as you work out more.

Essentially, you'll find it hard to eat the amount of carbs and protein you need... it's a lot of food. Try small frequent meals to get it all in.

Do some general research on this topic.... you'll find a lot of information, but it's worth the effort. Only half of what you are trying to achieve can be attained by working out. The rest is done by providing your body with the correct fuel to get the results you want. Muscle etc doesnt only come from working out.... you need the building blocks.

One last thing... there is plenty of pressure to try steroids, powders, enhancers and all sorts of pill options. Stay away from these.... they genuinely have long term effects that you won't find funny when you eventually get them.

Best of luck

If you intend to set yourself several steps prior to the men that head to the fitness center merely to “function out” then the program https://tr.im/G22Op is for you.

With Critical Bench you may gain on your own self-confidence not only an amazing body.

After using Critical Bench program you'll step to the gymnasium along with your whole schedule mapped out, as a result of just how many associates and the weights you'll use and you'll put aside the all the others person that are there merely to impersonate others on the gymnasium, you will impress every one you meet.

This answer could be a book long, but I'll summarised in saying that you need to consume lots of protein (avoid growth hormone enhanced products like cheap chicken and eggs, else you will start getting unpleasant side effects). Try canned tuna, free range eggs, milks, cheeses etc.

• Ewan

light weights with lots of reps is more for improving stamina and toning. i'd go for some heavy sets a couple days a week. Also the usual protein rich diet which i'm sure you know about :P