POLL: Have you ever self harmed?

If so, how many times, and what was the main reason why. And did you find it addictive.

Please answer honestly

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

never

i love my body way too much

• 8 years ago

Yeah I did..about 4-5 months ago when my parents first died, it was difficult to cope, I hated myself and felt as though it was my fault for what happened. I still feel that way..but I have another way to release pain now. How many times? Everyday, every hour. I found it addictive, it released the pain and anger I was feeling. :l

That was when I was in care in Canada, now I live with my Aunt in England and take anti-depressants to prevent me self harming or blaming myself for what happened.

• Van T
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Of course I harmed myself-when I was a child. Didn't we all have lessons to learn from making the wrong choices? And no, I don't have any pain addictions whatsoever.

• 8 years ago

yes, i do at the moment, i started in Decemeber because one of my best friends (now my boyfriend) tried to commit suicide. i talked him out of it. I find it a little addictive, stopped for a while but started again a few days ago, the pain isnt addictive to me.. more just feeling something other than worry and despair.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

No, never. The idea makes me feel sick, not in a revolted way, but like I might actually throw up because it makes me so uncomfortable. So I don't think I ever will.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No I've never purposely harmed myself.

• ?
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

define self harm

everyones done $hit to their bodies

• 8 years ago

No, I could never do that to my body, i've been through hell but I think the damage is already enough to my body with stress...i'd hate to do that to myself.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

yes, many times... i guess i can't deal with anger or depression too well and i take it out on myself. i have learned to slow down as before it was everyday, now its every other month. :)

• CRawl
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

When I was a teen I did for years but I eventually grew out of it.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

no, but i know someone who does. my roommate actually snatched the blades from her and threw it down the trash shoot.

i was surprised when i heard, because the girl has anything and everything to say about everyone else, but yet she cuts herself, so.... i really don't get it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.