Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 8 years ago

Side dish for Tandoori chicken?

I'm making Tandoori chicken for dinner tomorrow, nothing special just Patak's Tandoori paste mixed with low-fat bio yoghurt. Can anyone give me a recipe for a side dish that would go with this. Preferably low-carb if possible (low-carb not my choice, so please no comments on dietary requirements).

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Rozmin
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Traditionally tandoori chicken isn't served with curries or rice. Grilled/tandoor cooked meats are good with naan bread and a simple assortment of raw veggies: thinly sliced raw onion (soak in some water and then drain to make it less pungent), tomato wedges, cucumber rounds, lemon wedges, and carrots. You should also garnish with some cilantro, and make sure to have raita (yogurt based sauce) on the table. If you order it in a real Pakistani restaurant, that is how your dish will arrive.

It's a pretty low-carb friendly thing to make!

If you want, you can make a salad of these kinds of veggies instead of just putting them on a plate. It's called kachumber: http://chefinyou.com/2010/06/kachumber-recipe/

Raita can be made with just yogurt and herbs, or with a vegetable, usually cucumber, added. This one uses spinach: http://cookcurrynook.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/spin...

If you need more food variety than that, I'd stick with the grill theme and make some veggie kababs, maybe with eggplant and zucchini. You could probably use the same spice mix as for the chicken, or just use olive oil salt and pepper.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Side Dishes For Tandoori Chicken

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avAuG

A curry rice, or rice pilaf. Or cous-cous, if you're into that. Here's an interesting recipe that would go well with your chicken.. ***Cinnamon Basmati Rice with Golden Raisins*** 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 cup uncooked basmati rice 1 whole bay leaf 1 cinnamon stick 2/3 cup golden raisins 2 cups water Salt and freshly ground pepper Directions Melt butter in a medium high-sided saucepan set over medium heat. Add onion, cloves, and cinnamon; cook until onion becomes translucent and mixture is very fragrant. Place rice in sieve, and rinse under cold running water. Add rice to saucepan, and stir so grains are coated in butter mixture. Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, raisins, salt, and pepper to saucepan. Stir in 2 cups water. Raise heat, and bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until all water has been absorbed and rice has cooked, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and let stand, covered, 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Does your recipe include the grilled/sauted onions and green peppers that I love with the chicken when I get them at my local Indian restaurant? If not, definately include those. Also a good basmati rice dish, I like to cook the basmati with a half cinnamon sick, 4 whole cloves and a bay leaf, then right at the end I add shredded carrot and thawed frozen peas. (Remove the bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon before serving.) And a last realy fast idea is to cut green beans crosswise into small dice, then heat 2 tsp oil and 2 tsp butter in a skillet, add a TBSP of mustard seed when they start to pop add the beans and saute until crisp tender. You may want to throw in a couple of TBSP of water and cover to sort of steam cook them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Just how many of these fruits or vegetable questions will we see soon?

• 3 years ago

Walk around the block once mid-morning and once midafternoon.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

fruits grow on trees, shrubbery and mostly above floor and vegies grow in the land (mostly) and are root plants ie celery, potatoes, raddishes etc are origins

• arnold
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Drink lots involving water. (You'll stand up for refills and trips towards bathroom. )

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Go shopping for new clothes—wriggling directly into 10 pairs of skinny jeans could possibly get your heart rate up.

• 4 years ago

On breakfast, go ahead and ingest orange juice. But throughout all of those other day, focus on water instead of juice or soda

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.