Are car insurance companies looking at the bigger picture when they say woman are safer drivers?

I have been driving for 20 Years (Accident free) I was driving the other day when the car in front suddenly went from around 30 MPH to about 15 MPH being a safe good driver I know that it is wise to keep back from the car in front, So I avoided hitting her car. The road went to three lanes so I got the chance... show more I have been driving for 20 Years (Accident free)
I was driving the other day when the car in front suddenly went from around 30 MPH to about 15 MPH
being a safe good driver I know that it is wise to keep back from the car in front, So I avoided hitting her car.
The road went to three lanes so I got the chance to go past the car that went from 30 MPH to around 15 MPH.
It was a WOMAN using a hand held mobile phone.
Anyway back to my question..With there far too over cautious driving and going half way across a round about then deciding to stop using a hand held mobile phone and puting make up on while driving etc etc.
Insurance companies are not looking at the bigger picture... WOMAN CAUSE MORE CAR ACCIDENTS than men do.
What is your "Take" on this
Thank you for your answers
Have a great day