Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 8 years ago

Laptop Battery's Voltage?

I need to buy a new battery for my Dell Inspiron 1545. My battery's rating is 14.8 volts. Would replacing it with a battery with a rating of 11.1 volts, do any harm to my laptop. please help?

The 11.1v dell battery will works fine. There are 4-cell 6-cell 9-cell and 12-cell battery pack for dell inspiron 1545. More cells means longer battery life but the pack volt may be different. Dell also provide different volt battery for the same model.

• botts

Laptop Battery Voltage

• Norm F

You may well find it will not fit plus if it does the voltage is to low for your hardware for it to work correctly.

It will not harm your laptop.

Get a correct one for you laptop

• stan l

Shouldn't hurt it at all. Of course it also won't work at all. Why would you even consider a lower voltage battery? Is it cheaper? Are you?

complicated subject. research in google. that can assist!