jade
jade asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

What fillings would go well in tomato soup?

I'm a student, flatting, not much of a chef, but I like to invent neew dishes that are to my taste (simple ones!). I'm thinking of making a simple tomato soup using chunky tinned tomatoes, a little tomato paste as a base, and some herbs. I'm wondering what other healthy things I could add in as filling; I'm thinking perhaps some tinned mushrooms, or even some spinach. What else goes well with/into tomato soup?

Fresh baby spinach, just julienne the spinach, put in the bottom of the bowl and add the hot soup.

Bring your soup to a simmer, add some short pasta, like penne or elbow macaroni, and continue simmering until the pasta is cooked through. Sprinkle some fresh chopped basil or parsley on the Soup before serving. You can also add some canned drained cannelloni bean for a fast pasta Fagiole.. Garnish with gratedParmigianaa or Grana Padana Cheese.

You can use the your tomato soup base to make minestrone, add small pasta, lentils or canned beans, some frozen peas, carrots and corn.. Garnish with parmigiana cheese.

• Kelly

I do just plain tomato soup w/water out of the can. I could eat it everyday. I sometimes to shake it up add diced tomatoes to the soup. Adding herbs is fine with the tomatoes.

Campbells has a new Orange tomato soup. I haven't seen it in my local store. Look on site. I'm thinking maybe squash(yellow) or pumpkin (canned). Parm. cheese

Small pasta and beans turn it into a Pasta e Fagioli (an Italian soup)

Rice is good.

Canned 'shrooms are okay. Canned spinach is gross.

Onions, garlic. A little cream to make a "cream of" soup.

Buy those little frozen meatballs to make it a heartier soup.

• Daise

In my tomato soup I like to put in croutons, shredded cheddar cheese, a little sour cream. Cook some frozen vegetables and put in your soup. Any kind of pasta you can add.

Agree with mtngigi 100%. Economics and taste can be found in Her answer.

TORTILLA WRAP - united states8 oz.. cream cheese 4 oz.. bitter cream 8 oz.. American, cheddar or Colby cheese, shredded (all or some) a million sm. jar green olives, chopped 3 cans straightforward green chiles, chopped 8 flour tortillas Salsa mixture cream cheese and bitter cream. easily unfold equivalent quantities of cream cheese mixture on each and each tortilla. splendid with your decision of topping, would upload your very own. Tightly roll up each and each tortilla, wrap securely in plastic wrap and refrigerate. minimize each and each tortilla in 6 products. shelter ends with wood toothpick. Serve with salsa.//////////////////////////////////

Basil or maybe garlic! Very Good! I Promise!

Try pearl barley to give some body.