Told Wife I wanted a paternity test. She freaked out. What do I do?

My wife is pregnant with our first. She is 13 weeks pregnant. I mentioned off hand that I would want a paternity test when the baby was born to verify he/she was mine. She did not take this idea well and said I didn't trust her. I told her that it was basically standard protocol. She has been giving me the... show more My wife is pregnant with our first. She is 13 weeks pregnant. I mentioned off hand that I would want a paternity test when the baby was born to verify he/she was mine. She did not take this idea well and said I didn't trust her. I told her that it was basically standard protocol. She has been giving me the silent treatment since I told her. Not sure what to do.

Her reaction is kind of suspicious. I think she has been faithful to me. I wasn't even sure if I really wanted one prior to her melt down over the idea but I am sure now. That said I don't want her to hate me until then. Should I apologize or insist on the test? If I apologize I would just do it later secretly.
Update: @Tim I'm not planning on getting divorced. I am excited about the baby and starting a family. Why would I want a divorce?
Update 2: I don't have no concerns. I think she has been faithful. I don't know that she has. There are no blatant red flags but I'm not a 100% sure. If I had no doubts I wouldn't even ask.