Googly asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Is losing money more emotionally intense than getting money?

Let's say you find ten bucks on the ground.

Pretty awesome.

Let's say the next day that money falls out of your pocket somewhere and its lost to you forever.

Is that bad feeling of losing that money more intense than the feeling of excitement/happiness/whatever that you feel when you find money on the ground?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

I would say losing the money is more intense, because I would get extremely frustrated with myself and probably not stop thinking about what I could of used the money for.

• Dawn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

She's your mom,she loves you in every single way and she's sorry for you. Being a single mom is not easy,I'm sure along the way she felt she has to get a little cold so she cold treat you the best she can and never show you she cries because it's hard being lonely without a husband and treating your kids alone. Decide changing,decide you are going to be the one that cares for others,and the one that give them joy and happiness instead of being the receiver,and actually implement it. Just give it a go,and tell me if you aren't feeling so so much better.

• 8 years ago

My answer is it depends. In psychology their is a sphere to find out what makes people really happy and its called" positive psychology."

I suggest you look up something called the "hedonic treadmill" and then positive psychology in general.

But and simply answer is in the long run (depending on what else happens to you in the near future and your generic disposition) the money you found and lost will not affect you that much.

• 8 years ago

It depends on how the person thinks.

If you don't care for money, then gaining it or earning it is nothing to you.

If you absolutely live for money/like money then you feel as if luck loves you if you found money, or if Zeus struck you by lightning if you lost it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Losing it is more emotional because getting it is okay nice day, but losing it is taking something away that you realize now how it affected your life. Its hurts to lose than to gain. But harder to gain than to lose

Source(s): brain
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.