Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 9 years ago

Guys can you help me define this quote?

"To contemplate a thing implies maintaining oneself OUTSIDE it, resolved to keep a distance between it and ourselves"

Something in relation to spiritual inner self. Its the warrior within; a philosophy by Bruce lee.

@Anne LOL what are you trying to imply anne "iam 14 years old" :P Damn im still confused, i think it still means something else or more to it : I

• pat z

When you study something, particularly an object, you need to look at it in all its aspects, examine it from every angle, which means you need to be able to observe it in its entirety, at a distance and close up. If you become absorbed by the thing, if it becomes a part of you, or you of it, then you cannot view it objectively.

You have to keep from being "swallowed up" by whatever it is you want to study.

You have to look at the subject from an outside point o view to solve a problem you must fine peace with yourself and keep a distance from your old and wrong thoughts to your good intentional thoughts to keep the world at peace you must have peace within to have peace with the world

Source(s): 14 years old and a writer
  • ?

@Anne - gave you a 'thumbs up' my dear. You're one smart cookie!

I'd add that you can NOT become emotionally involved in solving a problem. The moment you do become emotionally attached, you lose perspective.

• Smart freaking 14-year-old you are Anne. I'm not being sarcastic, either, because you're completely right.