Ex-Girlfriend gets married 8 months after break-up, after being in a 6 year relationship. WHAT?

My ex-girlfriend and I split up after 6 and a half years together. We got together really young. I was 18, she was 17. The relationship turned sour on our 6th year together. Time wasn't being spent together, insecurities were being shown, and some trust issues arose. The part that gets everyone baffled is the... show more My ex-girlfriend and I split up after 6 and a half years together. We got together really young. I was 18, she was 17. The relationship turned sour on our 6th year together. Time wasn't being spent together, insecurities were being shown, and some trust issues arose. The part that gets everyone baffled is the day we broke up. We broke up March 15th 2011 and that was the last time we saw each other. That was completely my choice. I didn't want any contact from her whatsoever, so the day we broke up, was the last time we saw each other. We passed around messages through Facebook here and there within the span of 8 months.

In September of 2011, my ex-girlfriend messaged me and apologized by saying that she knew I had changed for her and she felt like such a horrible person because she was so blind to see it. She told me that in her eyes at the time, everything was destined to fail which was why she didn't expect we would last as long as we did. She told me and I quote "I would feel so bad if we got back together because you deserve someone who would give you as much as you give to them". She also told me that she still wore her promise ring that I bought for her because she said that it was where it needed to be. Blindsided by what was about to happen, in November of 2011 I received a text message from my friend who said that my ex-girlfriends best friend posted on her Facebook that my ex-girlfriend got married. I didn't believe it at first but sure enough, she got married. Also, one little part I left out. While I was with my ex-girlfriend for 6 years, not once did we have sex. She always made it clear that she wanted to wait until marriage to have sex and for that, I honored that decision and respected her choice and never once pressured her into doing anything. I felt so betrayed, so hurt, so upset that after spending so much time devoted to someone, they would turn around and get married right away. I haven't dated, I still haven't had sex and I'm going to be 25 this coming May. With all due respect, this is how I heal. I couldn't/wouldn't see myself getting married so fast after being in a 6 year relationship with someone else. It wouldn't be fair to marry someone else if I wasn't completely over my ex. I just don't know what to think. My ex-girlfriend doesn't know that I know she got married. She's 23 and the man she married is her co-worker, 35 and recently divorced. I deleted her from everything and blocked her from all contact because this is what I need to do for my closure. My question I am asking is, why do some people marry so fast? Could it be true love? If she still wore her promise ring in September and married in November, what does that mean to you? I just don't know what to think anymore..