Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

should we please the christians and mandate prayer in public schools?

However, to be constitutional we'll have to have your child pray to allah on monday, jesus on tuesday, buddah on wed., vishnu on thrus, lord satan on friday.

Me thinks the christians would be screaming the loudest at mandated prayer if everyone got an equal shot.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best answer

It's not about MANDATING prayer in public school ... it's about not infringing upon our rights to pray of our own choice while in public school.

It's about FREEDOM **OF** RELIGION (allowing the free exercise thereof), NOT FREEDOM **FROM** RELIGION (making it illegal for someone to pray in public if they want to).

Source(s): Common Sense U.S. Constitution
  • Duck
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I agree with you. Maybe not on the daily schedule, but I think we should mandate prayer in schools, led by teachers. The only problem is that by the time all the prayer for all the world's religions was done to satisfy all of the students' possible faiths, there would be no time left for education.

Or is that what they _really_ want? No more math, science, history, language, literature?

• 8 years ago

That's why prayer in public schools should be optional instead of compelled.

Mass prayer in front of schools is not a good idea. Jesus preached against it, saying that when you pray, don't do it for public attention, which is what most people who pray publicly anywhere seem to be doing.

• 8 years ago

Hell no! Keep it out we all practice the religion we choose and prayer is just nonconsitutional in schools seperation of chruch and state but i do think individuals should be allowed to if there religion calls for it we are the country of relgious freedom after all

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The kids would love it, especially on Fridays, when they would be free to watch the executions, whippings and amputations outside the mosque after Friday prayers.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Separation of church and state does not mean "equal time for everybody". That would be impossible, and is reverse prejudice against anyone who does not get their day.

• 8 years ago

Doing so wouldn't appease me at all. I prefer keeping my religious beliefs, and school separate.

Perhaps you should stop assuming.... you know how that old saying goes ;)

Enjoy your day!!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

They would keep their kids out of school 4 days a week.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Only if it improves school lunches

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.